memories

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by MoAnamCara, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I dont know what to do. I can't talk about it. That makes a long story short.

I'm stuck. I'm highly anxious tonight. I've yet to come down from therapy earlier today. Am close, v close to sh and its been something ive worked hard on to move on from.

Are these things, even from years ago, so deeply ingrained that we can't ever get over/forget/not let the memories hold such a tight grip on us forever???????

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

In time hun the grip won't be so tight and the memories won't be able to take us away with therapy the anxiety won't be as high hugs

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Being triggered is very common. I think of triggering like the process of erosion - it may take a few grains to wear me down, but then I'm worn down, and I give way to the sometimes enormous accumulated effects.

Please be gentle with yourself. When our feelings and minds go to the things that hurt us now or in the past, they also go to the old, familiar "remedies." We slip sometimes. If you managed not to slip back, then it just shows that you are stronger than you knew. If you did slip, it shows only that you are human. But you know, you're a good human, so don't let tense moments (and even old habits if you did slip), fool you into thinking otherwise. :arms:

4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

:'( ....

5. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thank you both....

How do you talk though, when it's impossible?? To process without being able to verbalize?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.