memories

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by MoAnamCara, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I've been doing okay, which is great!

yesterday for some reason or another my mood shifted, I don't know why. Today I've been bothered with heightened anxiety and things. There are certain things on my mind but I'm not sure why they have resurfaced out of nowhere. It's to do with something when I was young, that someone else did. Many times.

Typing that in itself is awfully odd. I did them.

Anyhow, I don't know how to deal with this or talk about it or where to look for help or thoughts or something.

Anyone? thanks.

2. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

:arms: :hug: :grouphug: no words.... so sorry, just loads & loads of caring, memories are so hard, take care of you & please be kind to yourself xx

3. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks for saying something bornfree :hug:

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Moanamcara,

I'm sorry about what happened and sorry I only saw this thread now. There is plenty of help available depending on where in the world you are. Talking about it anonymously is a great first step. Then maybe talk on the phone anonymously, then maybe go to your local rape crisis centre.

Take a look at this website, it might help a lot, Sexual abusing from surviving to living. This is an Irish run site and there are 'hope stories' on there too at this link www.oneinfour.ie/help-us/stories/ If you would like me to help you find some resources in your area, don't hesitate to contact me. I am sorry you had to endure what you did, but you are not a victim, a survivor is what you are :)

5. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks petal and you've nothing to say sorry for at all. Thanks for responding. It's a childhood thing, not an adult thing and Ive looked online but it tends to end up being triggering. Today was not good, mostly afternoon onwards. It's just an odd feeling and Im not really comfy saying much more. I'll have another look another time. Having much difficulty staying present tonight as it is and just not feeling I can handle much.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

A gentle hug :hug: I totally understand where you are coming from, yes it's definitely true that even reading about it can be distressing, sometimes I read real life stories in magazines I have to stop as it gets too much for me if it's very detailed. I see you are offline now hun, hope you're having nice dreams in bed....at least that would be peace for a while, huge hugs :hug: xxxx

7. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks, Petal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.