Memory loss

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by mpang123, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

To all who have been on so many psychiatric drugs, ECT, unconscious after OD'ng, and being in a coma, have any of you experienced significant memory loss? I just blank out all the time and forget what I was supposed to say or being absent minded. Most people who know me has noticed that and I think it is getting progressively worse. I'm only 44 and I'm sure I don't have Alzheimer's or dementia. I guess I did it to myself and now I have to live with the consequences.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi mpang. Have you talked to your doctor about this memory loss? Only a doctor can really tell you for sure what is happening in your specific case.

In my own experience, I've had memory loss/absent-mindedness/blanking out a bit when I've been really depressed or really stressed. When I brought up the issue with my doctor, it was as if he'd read my mind...first thing he said was, "You don't have Alzheimer's, so don't worry about that!" :) Then explained that stress, etc. can sometimes interfere with memory. (If I were you, I'd make an appointment to see your doctor.)
  3. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

i've been in a coma b4, not because of an attempt but b/c of an accident... and i still suffer short term mem loss from it... that could very well be all it is, you were in a coma... and it has lasting effects...

the good news tho is.... you can retrain your brain to "work better" again
    by doing memory exercises, and playing memory type games and etc...
  4. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I think it's stress caused by all the things I had to go through that has given me PTSD. I will tell my doctor again about it. Maybe I need another MRI to see if I have any brain damage.
  5. Zeldcat

Zeldcat Member

I got this after my suicide attempt. When I spoke up about my memory difficulty they made me do these tests and said I had a brain injury.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.