Memory loss

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by bono, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bono

bono Well-Known Member

Has anyone experienced memory loss of their suicide attempt?
    (either from Post traumatic stress or potentially concussions)
  2. sadsong

sadsong Staff Alumni

I haven't had this experience of memory loss, but there may well be people here who have done.

I hope you find someone who can relate to what you're going through.
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I have not received memory loss like this, butI often have blanks of time where my mind has just given up and has dissociated away.

It is often in these times that I make an attempt, and then when I 'come round' I get help. So I don't really remember what I have done, yet it is clear I have done something, ie lots of tablets missing, or whatever.

Also though, the same process has protected me at times and I have had tablets ready to do soemthing, but then found myself an hour later somewhere totally different.

If you want to chat feel free to PM me

Take care
  4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I have loads of memory loss, I think it could be inter twined with mental illnesses/depression/suicidal behavior. :hug:
  5. hmm...memory loss isn't usually too common in failed suicide attempts unless you're taking an overdose of pills.
  6. Henry Krinkle

Henry Krinkle Member

I've never tried to commit suicide myself, so I wouldn't remember if I forgot.
  7. bono

bono Well-Known Member

I was hoping for post-traumatic stress memory loss. So I would eventually remember what happened. Spending too many restless nights awake wondering about it. Hypnosis failed to bring the memories backā€¦so I memories were probably lost to a concussion.

~Bono the uppity Canadian, with a floppy head and beady little eyes
  8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Repression, possibly?

You don't want to remember it, so your brain forces you to forget it?

(Ok - enough psychology for one night ;) )
  9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yeah, see.. could be several things. I know nothing of your history. But yes, Joe could very well be right.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.