memory problems

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by annie-crafts, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annie-crafts

annie-crafts Well-Known Member

does anyone else find that depression can mess with your memory? i don't know if it's the meds or the depression or what. maybe it's because i feel so numb most of the time, that i'm not paying attention to what is going on, so i don't remember.

i've also had 2 courses of ECT (electroconvulsive "therapy") which is known to cause memory problems.

it's really interfering with my daily life. i can't finish sentences, forget how to spell, i can't find the words for common things, ....and now i forget what i was just going to write here.

just wondering if anyone else has memory problems and how you deal? for me, it's just another reason not to stick around, cuz i embarrass myself all the time because of what i can't remember. another failure.

people tell me that it's really bad. and i'm on a med that is supposed to help with cognition. plus i take supplemental omega 3's, which are supposed to help with memory.

i just feel at a loss and am wondering if anyone else expereinces this.

2. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Yeah I experience that, you tend not to remember things because you sad and 'its crap' so you don't really bother to take it in. I've been getting better at things but people have said that when you get older that happens anyway..so I'm worried that what will I be like when I'm older. But hopefully I'll be happier then or dead.

3. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Yeah ive been experiancing memory problems too. Ive had to start carrying a diary around now. I dont take meds so maybes its just a depression thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.