Men and Women

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Prof.Bruttenholm, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

This is sort of a rant, but people's opinions are welcome, so I'd rather not post this in Soap Box.

I am not perfect, I have body issues and hate myself alot.

With that said, I'd really like to be able to talk to women, go on dates, fall in love.
    A problem with men and women, is communication, not in relationships, but at all.
    Men give advice to other men about women
    Women give advice to other women about men.

Maybe we should talk to each other instead? Everyone is different, unique.

What usually grinds my gears is when women generalize men.

That we're all only into super models or some such crap and all we think of is sex.

People like attractive people, yes. But that is both men and women.
    Attractive is personal, in the eye of the beholder.

Women I find attractive, other men might not and the opposite is true.

With that said, men aren't idiots, we've learned different things about women.

Some guys just choose not to learn things about women and instead try and live life like a national lampoon's movie.

Unfortunately I've never been in what I can consider a real relationship. So even though I tell people I've been single for more than five years, it's more like being single my entire life.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Unfortunately some very common denominators around SF are members that:

cant find a person to like/love
    cant find a person that likes/loves them
    cant find or keep a relationship
    doomed to loneliness and unloving for the rest of their days

But yet everyday those very things are flaunted in our faces by society as a whole. Equally cast by male and female. People who judge others by looks only. People that have certain criteria that another has to meet to even be considered. People who walk hand in hand down city streets or show affection openly to one another publicly etc.

Is it wrong? No. Does it hurt people that are depressive and suicidal? Yes. But I bet that if you could take each one of those people that are successful in love and relationships, you'd soon see that they love themselves. They are quite happy with who they are and where their lives are or are heading. They are confident in themselves and the choices they make.

Unfortunately for too many members here, me included, the ability to love ourselves isnt there. And honestly how can we expect others to love us, accept us, when we cant do those things for ourselves?

The ironic thing is that no where else on this planet are you going to find a group of people more loving and caring. We can dole out heaps of the very things we so desperately lack in our own lives. Offer it to strangers and yet do so earnestly and with more feeling than most "loved" people could even imagine. We can open up and be completely honest about some of our own deepest secrets and hurts yet can only mask and disguise these traits when out with others in RL.

Sometimes being human, male or female, really sucks!!!!!!!!
  3. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

At least someone makes sense.

That's me, kind to a fault. Though that makes me sound like a jerk when I admit it. But it's true.
    I know I have the capacity to love so much but I can't love myself.

Why should I? The world has already told me, I am not handsome enough, I am too scary looking, too strange.

I feel that there is nothing wrong with being with someone who is attractive, as long you're with them for more than that reason.
    I don't want to be with just anyone and yet I am judged for it.
    I am called shallow because I won't date any girl, because I have a type.
    Well I am sorry, but I am who I am.

What's strange, is the people who fit into the societal ideal beauty standard are less than 1% of the entire world population, in fact, less than half of that one percent, so why are so many people striving to become a minority?
    I wan to be physically fit so I can feel confident about myself, not so I can be a cover model for Mens Fitness.