Men! *triggers*

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ThePhantomLady, May 11, 2016.

1. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Why am I always so unlucky with men?

If we 'ignore' the extensive sexual abuse I've suffered from two handfuls of different men (and boys) in my childhood, my ex idiot who abused me and prostituted me... I have been plain unlucky with men.

I managed to shock my therapist yet again last session... we still haven't uncovered all the men who hurt me... but I added another to the picture she has so far... It seems like every session she finds out about another man who molested me or overstepped clear boundaries... I think she is starting to understand why I have anxiety towards the male gender.

I want to make one thing clear, I don't hate all men. I am not some ultra feminist, and I'm not gay (though at a time I hoped I wasn't pansexual but homosexual...)... but nope...

And my logic 'voice' knows that just because I was really unlucky that doesn't mean all men are out to hurt you.

I just wish men would leave me alone sometimes...

I am taken, first of all. My boyfriend might live in another country (and is working on moving up here), but that doesn't mean we can "have fun"...

Stop looking at my boobs, okay? It's never as subtle as you think. And it freaks me out. I didn't ask to have big breasts, and they got me into enough trouble already.

I didn't wear a dress for you, I wore a dress because it's hot... and I'm trying to decrease the number of layers of fabrics, since anxiety makes me sweat more...

I'm not spanish, (that I know of), and no I don't have a spanish temper, and stop implying those things in a sexual way.

You know what... stop talking to me, especially when I am clearly uncomfortable.

And stop acting all offended when I tell you I don't have a certain messenger, I genuinely don't. And even if I did, and that was my way of letting you off easy, just accept that and don't pressure or guilt trip me.

No, I don't hate men. I just hate the way some of them act... it's not exactly making it easier to recover from the things I've been through.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Some guys just can't take a damned hint. I have had to kick some out of my life or ignore them completely because they just kept doing or saying things that made me uncomfortable. You don't have to put up with that at all. You just have to say, "I am taken", if they still try to pursue something, tell them off. I am sorry you have to deal with this crap, and I hope they will leave you alone.

ThePhantomLady likes this.
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Tell them to be a real man and show some respect as only dogs would act like that.

What work in toning down some men is a fake wedding ring they would think twice what to say in fear of your other giving them a beat down for disrespect

ThePhantomLady likes this.