Menstrual Cramps?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by louieann34, May 11, 2007.

1. louieann34

louieann34 Member

Have you experience menstrual cramps? Or you can say that you always experiencing this every month?!

For me, every month I am experiencing cramps. And it is really so painful that I sometimes couldn’t do anything for a whole day…That I sometimes fill like I’m going to vomit. Then a friend of mine tells me to take medications, but I just can’t take those, for medications to me are not good. They gave me stomach upsets that make me feel bad. So what I did to relive the pain is that I use Natural Remedy like the Peppermint. And this actually helps in coping the pain caused by my menstruation. Hope this can be a good help for those girls like me who is experiencing this kind of problem.

2. Whenever I get periods.

I loose my appetite too. Sometimes it gets so bad that I don't get out of bed for anything, except going toilet of course, and bathing, since it helps a bit. Other than that, I barely eat or anything when I'm on. Loose weight afterwards too. That's a plus for me, I think. o_O

3. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

i get terrible pains. got them right now infact. the only thing that works for me is pain killers. they dont last long though.

sorry i cant be of more help :hug:

4. HOT~DAWG~MAMA

HOT~DAWG~MAMA Active Member

I'm into natural therapies too, and I'm just letting women here know that natural Jasmine oil massaged into the lower back helps alot with cramps. Also just putting a heating pad on your lower back helps relieve cramps too.

One other thing, Red Rasberry Leaves...made into a tea is very VERY good for women.. it's an antispasmodic (which will help ease your cramps!!), helps strengthen the uterus and has other beneficial uses. I drink it, it tastes great and works well. My sister in law also drank it while pregnant to help prevent miscarriage, it is a wonderful natural herb for all women. :)

anyhow, hope that helps too!

5. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

I love those heat pads. Combined with diclofenac they are an absolute lifesaver. They mean I can get out of bed.

6. Cramps are the worst!
    When I was on birth control pills it made them a lot nicer to deal with--they weren't as strong. Since I've gone off they've been killer.
    I recently purchased a DivaCup (alternative menstrual product unlike tampons and pads) and it helps with the cramps when I wear it but I'm new to it so yeah.

I also use a heating pad and take Pamprin for my cramps. Midol does nothing for me but Pamprin really helps out.
    You can make your own heating pad too that you can microwave to heat up if you're on the go or such.

It's totally natural to have cramps though. They are just really a bother :(

*Edit: I want to add that I did read (and do read this quite often) that if you can exercise that it helps cramping to ease. Like doing stretches, walking, etc. Not anything strenuous but enough to claim it was an exercise.

7. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

I've been taking the contracteptive pill sicne I was fifteen purely for this reason. I was literally incapable of doing anything at all for a week out of every month. And I was going through a Super+ every hour and a half. The pill has made a huge difference but the pain I experience is still very intense, but it's only usually unbearable for about one day.

The pill is also great because it makes you regular. Often people with heavy, painful periods are fairly irregular with it. I know I was.

8. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Ugh. Cramps. :laugh:
    Depending on how bad they are, I just deal with them.

9. becky82

becky82 Well-Known Member

I get really bad cramps where i just stay in bed all day. Pain killers sometimes work but not guarented. I think i get them so bad due to having polycystic overy syndrome though.

10. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I get excrusiating cramps, mainly on the first day, or maybe even the first two days of my period every month. Gets to a point where I'm in so much pain I can hardly get up off my chair or get out of bed. Feels like a serial killer armed with a machete stabbing away at my insides trying to get out. :dry:

Heat pads are awesome. And hot water bottles. Pain killers help to a degree. But nothing can beat chocolate. Does it help the cramps? I don't know, but it sure tastes darn good.