Mental fatigue

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by justMe7, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any tips or techniques to help resist excessive fatigue. Especially when you're doing something productive.

For me, I believe it's something I've let slip over the past years, so it comes on quite fast and heavy when I try to do something that requires my attention without alot of external stimulation. It hits in a few seconds and I feel like I'm tired enough to go to sleep. To me this is just me being "resistant" to taking things in and resorting back to a more comfortable state. But it's rather annoying and I was wondering what other people do to tackel this.

I've thought of Coffee(but the act of getting up and making a cup is Time killer and avoidence)
    Being close to a cool breeze

I really am not sure tbh. I can mentally fend it off by tuning my attention into why I'm doing what I'm doing but that's not 100%, especially when I'm already tired and feeling fatigue all over my body. I'm thinking I need to excersise again or something.. idk. It's quite a pain in the ass :p

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Grapefruit it give you a jolt of pure energy like an energy drink without all that caffeine

3. justMe7

Could try that. Going to have to look into more longterm additions into lifestyle aswell. It's driving me batty. Thanks for the ip

4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Coffee itself is a dehydrator. Too much of it wouldn't be beneficial. Perhaps try water?

Also - have you ever had a full blood test to see if there's any other possible reason? I can sometimes be more tired doing very little than I am doing something more productive - but only through having a blood test (and having a request for iron levels because they are not in it for some reason) - led to me being diagnosed with a condition that is the opposite of anaemia. (full diagnosis - gene test, high results).

It's another option at least.

5. justMe7

Can always try drinking water more regularly. I have alot of tea in anycase.

Hmm, Idk, I don't think I have any condition tbh. I'm thinking it's more an auto response to mental stimulation and it's turn habitual over time. Something to consider but it comes on pretty fast at specific times, and generally when I feel down.

Funny thing about coffee, it never perks me up anyhow. Sometimes it feels like my mind is so tired that everything I'm holding up is falling down into a giant blob. It's pretty crap.

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I can't say I have tried it but had a lot of likes and comments on my Facebook page for whatever that is worth and seems simple -

Boost your metabolism naturally with this ZERO CALORIE Detox Drink. Put down the diet sodas and crystal light and try this out for a week. You will drop weight and have
    TONS ON ENERGY! Sounds yummy!
    1 Apple thinly sliced
    1 Cinnamon Stick

Drop apple slices in the bottom of the pitcher and then the cinnamon sticks, cover with ice about 1/2 way up then add water.
    Drink 8 oz before each meal, or when need a jolt.

7. justMe7

I usualy stay away from advice given on FB and the net generally because it's so unreliable. I must say though that reminds me of these hot apple cider(non-alcoholic) drinks I had back home :D They were so nice to have at night time before going to sleep or during a cold day. Thanks for the tip.

In anycase I think the I was more thinking of techniques of being more aware of when fatigue kicks in and how I react to it. Sorta getting a slight hang on it, now it's just re-gearing my concentration, because that's seriously gone for a whirl.

Thanks again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.