Mental health team

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lancashirelass, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

I have an appointment this afternoon to see mental health team and i am very nervous as i have been waiting 3-4 yrs for this app. I am scared about going over the main problem again with someone i don't know i know i'm being silly and i need this help but just so scared, what if i don't like her? what if she doesn't like me? i don't think i could go through waiting again as taken so long this time.
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

The initial interview is all about assessing what help you need.
    The person/persons you see today probably won't be the one you will later work with.
    So whether they like you or you them is a bit of moot point.
    Just make sure you get what YOU want from this interview, the help you deserve and waited for so long for.

Good luck :hug:
  3. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

good luck dawn! thinking of you let us know how it goes !! xx
  4. CityBlue

CityBlue Member

I just started trying to find somebody to talk to today. I've been to two other therapists and it hasn't worked out, I'm going the psychiatrist route this time. Please post the outcome of your (hopefully) informative visit.
  5. lancashirelass

Hi well i'm not sure why i was worried she is really nice and she tells you how she sees it. I will be working with her again wich i'm glad about. It was quite a painful assesment but we did sort some things out the only problem is she can't see me for a fortnight now but hopefully with the meds and what we did discuss today i will be just fine. She even managed to make me laugh which not done much of in last couple of weeks so things looking up already.
  6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Glad it all went well.
  7. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

really glad it went well
  8. lancashirelass

I think i am really going to get the help this time. She even apologised for not getting back to me after xmas. I am soo glad i listened to you all. Thank you very much xx
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

good for you hun so glad things went well
  10. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

good to hear some positive news. well done and good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.