Mental illness is my friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm rather tired of it. Hi, I'm Rachel and I am new to the site found it last night while pondering how to take myself out of my miserable existence. I'm 32 and since I can remember been dealing with mental issues. I have bipolar2, mostly the depressive end but when I can be manic I hold on for life and pray it never ends because I love the energy and happiness it brings, even if it's imagined. I see my psychiatrist regularly been on the medicine merry go round about 30 times and see my therapist twice a month. Somehow, I just can't seem to climb my way out of this hole. I have two awesome little boys and have managed to be married for 11 years but even that is on it's last leg has been for years. Partially my fault, a lot on his end as well. I don't have a great support system partially due to my isolation but mostly due to others ignorance to me and my "disease". I feel as I'm living in my own little world that is empty black lonely and mostly sad and numb. I have no hobbies nothing interests me anymore except sleeping, in turn is used against me as I'm often mislabeled as "lazy" which couldn't be further than the truth. I an nothing of what I used to be. I just feel so lost. And ready to give up. So that's my story ever so short and sweet. Sorry if long, I don't talk or write much. It breaks my heart to see all the sad people here suffering as well, but to be completely honest it's some comfort to know there is somewhere that people can be accepted and understood. Love to you all❤❤❤.

Magalee

Hold on to hope
Hi @Sunflower1017 and welcome to sf. I'm so glad you found us instead. This is a good place to come when you're feeling lonely and down. People here are very supportive and kind. We have fun too!

I'm sorry you are feeling bad and hope things will improve soon. Sounds like you still have some fight in you!

You've found your new support system!:)

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
@Sunflower1017 I too am glad that you found SF...on here you'll find an amazing group of people who can offer advice support and encouragement...so encourage you to keep posting. I am so sorry that you are struggling with so much..but remember that you are not alone

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome Rachel!
You're not alone in how you found this site. I'm not sure the percentages, but at least half of us found it whilst looking up methods.
I'm so glad you're here....
Is there any way you can add more support into your life? Support groups? Or finding another therapist/counsellor to go to more often? Your therapist or psychiatrist may be able to help you with that. And finding fun things to stay busy with.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00