Mental Illness - Need Help ASAP .

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by PainEngulfsMe, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PainEngulfsMe

PainEngulfsMe Active Member

Ok, my mom is having major problems because of me, i need to know what is going on, and how i can help this.

History on me, being i'm what set off this episode or problem without a doubt. In highschool i was hooked on painkillers, caused her a lot of stress. My brother is hooked on xanax and zoloft now. But recently i dropped out of college monday, and thursday she found a bag of pot in my room. I had an 8th in a pill container hidden in a labtop case and a hitter, then i had a 1/2 oz in a cd case holder.

My mom is having some sort of delusion that she found 2 bags and the pill case.
    I know for a fact i had only 1 type of weed, the weed in my pill case and the weed in my cd case. However, my mom thinks there was a bag of weed in a tcf check bank box - i have no clue what the fuck she is talking about with that, but regaurdless, she thinks that somone took it.

She thinks that i found it, and took it. I've explained to her that ONE - there was no other bag of weed in a tcf bank box - yes, i have a box of checkbooks, yes i may have hide weed in it at some point in my life, but there was nothing in there when i left for college at end of august, because i took all of my drugs with me to school. and TWO - even if i am wrong, and left behind weed in a tcf bank check box, i did NOT find where she had the stuff hidden, nor did i take it.

Theres absolutly no chance my dad did, and i have no other family or people who live with us.

I don't know what condition my mom has, although i do know she takes seroquel and prozac. She doesn't know i know she takes this, but i do. So i dont know if its bipolar or skitzo, i'd never in a million years suspect her of having anything other than being a bit over protective and paranoid about stupid shit.

She now is crying and upset because she says she's going crazy and that she's seeing things, and is saying she is going to have to quit her job as a teacher, and go to a hospital and get checked in.

Bottom line, she thinks there was 2 bags of weed she found, and the pill container of weed.

Truth - there was only 1 bag of weed and my pill container.

Basically she thinks i found a bag of weed that she took from me, that doesn't exist. I've explained to her that it doesn't exist, and now she's loosing it.

What can i do now?

2. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

The hard truth? - getting your priorities right. Are you aware that your whole posting circled around the location and quantity of some recreational drugs...?

Clearly, there are many issues between you and your mum, which have nothing to do with the drugs per se, but all with trust and communication issues. It is very difficult to advice you on this matter, as accusation and counter-accusation is not a base for resolving this problem.

I would chose a quiet moment, sit down with your mum and try talking about it. I also would be very aware of the moment I would slip back into the above 'mutual accusation' pattern...

Best thing is getting some more opinions from forum-members here and than make up your mind, what would work best...

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I guess my thoughts are is it really so important whether it was one or two bags? The fact that she found the drug at all is enough. That in itself is cause for concern. The number of bags really doesn't matter. As was mentioned above, I think you find a quiet time to sit with her and just talk. No blame, no accusations, just pure communication. Why did you quit college? What else is going on beyond the drug issue? It seems that other things may be in play here.

4. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

I agree with both above posts. Communication is the key. From the meds both your mother and brother are taking, she has little emotive stability and probably (here assuming as parent) found some peace of mind in seeing that you were 'out of the danger zone'. On finding your drug this stability was affected. I have the same feeling as gentlelady about more to it than what you said in your post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.