mental illness-Sectioning - act of getting sectioned (UK)

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by thekarlmarx, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekarlmarx

    thekarlmarx Member

    Hi I have not posted for a while; since the summer really (thats besides the point). I hhve for the most part overcome my suicidal thoughts, recently I have done some really irrational "scary" things or so I'm told. I freqeuntly break windows when I get angry, with my bare hands and have damaged the family car, by smashing it with my hands, breaking off two doors, the wing mirrors etc. The list of damage I have caused is endless (im ashamed).

    The police were called on one occasion as I was smashing up furniture. Not that Im proud in anyway.

    The point is that I have been told that I am at risk of being sectioned if I do not seek help. If I do do I risk the chance, and what is the liklihood.
  2. mike25

    mike25 Well-Known Member

    If you go to the doctor, they will assess you. They will have you sectioned if they're convinced you pose a high risk danger to yourself and/or society. If not, then they'll probably prescribe you calming medication and monitor your progress via regular appointments.
    If the smashing continues or escalates, (having been advised to see a doctor, and refused), then the police will collect you and transport you to the section.
    You've made progress with suicidal thoughts (well done), so there's no reason why you can't make progress with these issues aswell, without being sectioned.
    All the best. mike25
  3. AloneInTheDark

    AloneInTheDark Well-Known Member

    Just like mike said. I was put on valium for my violent outburts and monitored.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.