Merry Christmas to you too, Canadian Government!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by KittyGirl, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

A friend of mine called me tonight and told me to check the mail because I would find something nice!
    Of course that made me wonder what it could possibly be~ and I got a bit excited.
    I left the house (11:00pm) for the first time in months and walked to the mail box... opened it up and found a letter from Social Services.
    Apparently; starting January I am suspended from any financial and health assistance/benefits that I was receiving.

Why?
    Because I hadn't 'provided your income information to determine whether you are eligible to receive financial assistance.'

I haven't worked in months! I was already approved in November, and had received 2 cheques- and full payments for my meds-- and suddenly they're cutting me off.

I'm pretty much screwed at the moment. I don't have the money to pay for my rent- or anxiety medication and I'm supposed to get a refill on the first week of January.

Thankyou for making my Christmas eve perfect.
    Merry fucking Christmas, Canadian Government!

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey Vanessa I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through and what you are facing. I've been dealing with SA for several years. They really are a piece of work. But they are my last and only hope for any financial assistance. So I keep calling and trying to work through all the things they throw at me. If you want to talk drop me a pm.

As for the cut off, I know it's the holidays and getting in touch with them now will be impossible. But you need to call them first thing I'm guessing Jan. 4. when they should be back at work. Ask them specifically what they are after. Is this your first notice? If so, then they usually use "scare tactics". So it is very important that you get in contact with your case worker or the office you deal with. If you atleast make that effort they usually extend the time that you have to get the information to them. Hope it works out. I know how important the support they offer is needed. I truly do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.