Merry Christmas!!!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by TG123, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, may God bless you and your loved ones with peace and joy as we celebrate the coming of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

If we look in the book of Matthew, Jesus is referred to as Emmanuel- literally meaning "God with us". I think this is such an awesome example of His love. When I pause for a moment to think that God created our whole universe, that He with His awesome power gives and takes life and has performed so many miracles and is so great and powerful and awesome- and yet He has chosen to come down and live among us as Jesus Christ.

Not only He came down to live with us, but look at how. He could have been born in a palace, cared for and nurtured by a royal family, sorrounded by armed guards and luxuries and riches. Instead, He came to us as a refugee, hunted by corrupt ruler who could tell that his stranglehold on power was being challenged and was about to soon end. His father was a carpenter and his parents were almost separated after what became the most famous 'unplanned 'pregnancy' in human history. Imagine a family huddling over a crying child in a barn, sorrounded by animals, with no bed and probably not too much food (if any) either.

Imagine the miracle that the child who was born in such sorroundings was none other than our Saviour and Lord who taught us how to live as God's children and who loved us so much that He brought salvation to us on the cross approximately 33 years later.

Nothing can compare to such mercy and grace and love as that which our God gave us. As we take the time to celebrate Christmas, let us remember all that He has done for us and let us remember that He lives among us not only in our churches but also among the millions of others of hungry and oppressed and hurting and imprisoned people who share this planet with us. As we worship Him with song and prayers, let us never forget that we also need to worship Him by helping people who are in need, not only by helping provide for basic material necessities and praying for them and with them, but also in their struggle for dignity and justice.

I hope your Christmas is a joyful and meaningful one, may His grace and blessings and peace be with you all.

Merry Christmas!

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

2. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

bah humbug

3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

:laugh: - I feel that way too :dry:

4. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Regardless, Merry Christmas, TG123, and best wishes all year 'round. :hug:

5. To each their own when it comes to faith I say, but this...

"As we take the time to celebrate Christmas, let us remember all that He has done for us and let us remember that He lives among us not only in our churches but also among the millions of others of hungry and oppressed and hurting and imprisoned people who share this planet with us. As we worship Him with song and prayers, let us never forget that we also need to worship Him by helping people who are in need, not only by helping provide for basic material necessities and praying for them and with them, but also in their struggle for dignity and justice."

THIS WAS MOST BEAUTIFUL!!!
    You exemplfy the true meaning of being and living the lessons taught...

Merry Christmas to you too

6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Thank you for reminding others of the true meaning of this blessed season. It is sad that so many have taken such a wonderful event and turned into nothing more than a materialistic spend thrift. Love has been replaced with $ signs and the quest to obtain the most technically advanced items avaliable. The most precious gift of the season is the birth of a little child so many years ago so that all the rest of this could be possible. Your words are so beautiful.

7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Merry Christmas Tomasz and God bless :hug:

8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Merry Christmas :) :hug:

9. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

The Christians stole a lot of Pagan customs to make it easier to convert the people to Christianity. Christmas was originally a Pagan holiday that has nothing to do with Jesus. All the decorations, the Christmas tree, etc. it all came from the Pagans.

Bah humbug! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.