1. some_random_name

some_random_name Well-Known Member

i hurt someone dear to me. I don't know if I will be okay without them. I loved them. I hurt them so I don't blame them if I leave I just feel like si. I've been doing so good I'm three months clean. My mind says don't break it but, my mind also says you deserve it, break it! Si yourself you piece of trash. This isn't anyone's problem but mine and I'm sorry to inconvenience but please someone help me. I need some advice.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

If you have sincerely apologized to your friend then you can do little else but wait and see what happens- you cannot change the past. Harming yourself in anyway does nothing to help your relationship and if your friend knew/was to find out it would come across as you did it to yourself because of them and therefore blamed them/was their fault- certainly nothing that would help the relationship any and nothing that will help you any. Instead of sitting and thinking about it for hours on end go do something- even just walks around town, in the woods, read books, play video games, go to a movie- but do something that engages you so you can stop thinking about hurting yourself or feeling bad and so you have something to do instead of spinning in the ever downward spiral . Choosing to sit and do nothing but think about it and make yourself feel worse is choosing a course action that will lead to harming and worse thoughts. Fixating on a situation or the past never makes things better- choose to engage and think about other things until your mind is in a place to come up with constructive solutions to the problem if there are any.
    Petal likes this.
  3. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

I found that naming my voice made it easier to combat when it decided to jump on me when I was down. I call mine Leonard, after a movie critic.

You deserve better than what your voice is telling you to do. You've earned better.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Here if you still need someone to talk to. I hope you did not si. it would solve nothing. Keeping yourself occupied would be my advice and after apologising there is little you can do except wait for them to come around if they will. I wish you all the best, you deserve better than this, be proud of who you are :)