Mess up

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by some_random_name, Aug 20, 2016.

1. some_random_name

some_random_name Well-Known Member

I messed up my brothers computer when I tried to install a game on it. Now it doesn't even turn on. I'm extremely mad at myself. I know he's mad at me but I didn't mean to, on the internet everyone said it works but it didn't for me. I want to cry. I know he's mad at me. I understand why. Even though I asked him if he was okay with it before I did it I still feel horrible. I was hoping it would just work. Now I'm really really sad. I spent the night with him just browsing and now I want to not end it but fix what I have wronged I don't know what to do though. :(

2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Are you sure the computer was compatible with the game? A lot of games need good processors and decent RAM to make them playable, without them, you cant even start the game up. There is a site called Can You Run It where you type in the name of the game and it tells you what you need to be able to play the game. So use that from now on before you install anything.

3. CodeX

CodeX Controversial Figure

Do you see any error message on screen when you power on the computer ?

4. some_random_name

Nope Windows has an error booting up. It keeps rebooting. The pixels glitch and it's just horrible. He said it wasn't my fault but it's just annoying. I think I may be able to fix it but everything would be wiped.

5. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

If you have access to another computer, you should be able to create a boot from a memory stick/CD if you have one and then boot from that. You wont lose anything that way if it works and providing its the same OS. Just a thought.

6. CodeX

Ideally after few reboots it should display boot menu .. through which you can go to 'system restore' .. and through which you should be able to restore os to earlier state.

7. some_random_name

Thanks I'll try some of these. Really though thank you guys.

8. CodeX

Let me know if you need any help