Messaging not working

GMody

Hello. When I am trying to message my friend, I am getting pop up message " server problem, please try later". This is happening since yesterday evening. Please rectify this. Thanks.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Just saw this post so thought I'd add that I just had the same issue - message sent twice for me in the end so all good lol

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I have ticketed this with the server folks as it appears to be PHP related (and in some way related to the app integration, though the server folks won't know anything about that). It seems that the message is sending despite the error which suggests it is an alert or callback error but that is all I have at the moment. I will update when I have something back :)

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
The messages are definitely sending. Server folks said it is the app that is causing the problem (which the error content does support). The app folks are looking into it but I suspect I am going to have to submit their fix to apple for review so please bear with us. The messages are sending - the error I believe is about the notifications being sent (or not sent) to the app. If you just move on like the error never happened, the messages work as they should. I know it is annoying - I am working on it but it may be a few days!

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Update: after some back and forth, Apple have informed me that the fix will be approved by Jan 7th, at which point this error should vanish. Apologies for the delay folks - bear with us!

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Update (again) the error appears to have disappeared for me so hopefully the actions taken yesterday have resolved this. Fingers crossed!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00