Messed up sleeping pattern.

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by TWF, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Anyone else got this?

This summer holiday I've been going to sleep at 3-6am and waking up at 12-2pm. Good game, half my day wasted... This is my 2nd all nighter (it's like 6am), I usually try to fix my pattern by pulling an all nighter then sleeping at 9pm or something. My last try on Sunday failed, when I had a 5hour nap after playing football, exhausting... Hopefully I can stay awake and fix this tonight.
  2. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I fell asleep.. :(
  3. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

It is a hard pattern to break, I do it quite frequently. Best thing I can say, antihistamines or something to knock you out at an earlier time and make it a regular occurrence til the body and mind get used to it. But you have to make sure you set a schedule and stick to it, no matter what day it is.
  4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I know what you mean...I had to get up for an appt at 12.30, and I ended up doing a lot more than I expected. I'm not gonna force myself to go to bed early atm, because I've been very anxious/depressed, I just know/realise,i've slowly been going to bed much earlier than I dunno 6 am recently, which is better than nothing.
  5. Stray

Stray Account Closed

The staying awake all night thing and going to bed early the next night does not work!!! It will take a huge amount of effort but if you fall asleep at 6am get up again about 10am set your alarm and make sure you get up! You will be tired that night.
  6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

that's a good idea, i was thinking of staying up all night today and all day tomorrow but i doubt it will work. then again, i'm thinking, why not sleep how i want for a while, y'know? it seems to be going well so far. i dunno.
  7. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

It's 9.30am, I haven't slept, and I have to stay awake until at least 8pm, no choice.

If this doesn't work, I'll have to experiment your idea. But I suck at getting up lol.
  8. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

almost a month allready i fall asleep around 9am and dont wake up untill 5am, im awake all night. completely messed up and having a hard time trying to get it straight. i just cant seem to find just 1 day that i am able to stay awake during normal hours which would bring me back in my normal rithm. so yes, pretty messed up here
  9. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

9am-5am? Wow, that's a lot of sleep, lucky you, Dutchmen.

My plan epically failed again also. I fell asleep around 5pm during a football game, woke up for dinner at 9pm then went to sleep 30 minutes later and woke at 2am. It's 2:46 at the moment.. And I'm more messed up.

I'll try your suggestion, Stray.
  10. 4:48psychosis

4:48psychosis Member

It's 3:48 here in the UK, so i'm sure that qualifies me to post in this section of the forum ;)

Yes, I have a messed-up/nonexistent sleeping pattern.

The longest i've went is 3 full days and nights with no sleep. That necessitated a trip to the docs and a repeat prescription of zopiclone.

The joys.
  11. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

oh, uhm.. oops...let me correct that... 9am - 5pm :tongue: :poo:
  12. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Have you ever tried powder magnesium?....seems to help people relax and fall asleep. Dr. Gilma's CALM product.
  13. JigsawJohn

JigsawJohn Well-Known Member

I've had this day-night reversal for about 8 years now, except for about two months in October last year, I'm mostly asleep between 4 or 5 in the morning to 12-3 in the afternoon. About once of twice a week I end up being awake the whole night since I've only been up few hours since last bed-visit and fall asleep around 3-4 in the afternoon, sleep until somewhere around midnight, get up and then do the same thing... or stay the up the night after.

The thing is that I have a real hard time falling asleep but usually sleep quite well once I've finally fallen asleep (except for all the nightmares). And it's next to impossible to get out of bed within 12 hours after finally falling asleep. I have to literally force myself out of bed. Every god damned time, every time. And I just don't have enough motivation for that, it's depressing to just think about it... So I just keep on living like this.

When I went to school things were even worse... then I usually didn't sleep at all most nights of the week and was a complete wreck during classes, nodded off a lot and sometimes even slept through entire lessons. Other days I fell asleep as soon as I got back home after school and slept til the morning and I was off to school again.

If I take any sleeping pills they either don't do enough to help me fall asleep, or I sleep for 24 hours and wake up more tired than I was before crashing in my bed... So all I can really do is trying to discipline myself and force me in and out of bed every night and day...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.