Meth

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Landgrun, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landgrun

Landgrun Member

Hey i tryed meth once. One line, really thin and about 3 quarters of an inch long.. could i be addicted to this? Is it possible. I heard you can get addicted of one line?

2. It's a possibility sure. It all depends though, on the person & exactly how they take to using. Meth can be so strong & the pure shit that does not make you sick is extremely addictive due to how good it will make you feel. Anyone who likes that feeling has the potential to keep coming back for more.

3. Landgrun

Landgrun Member

Ok good

Yea i liked the feeling. It felt like i was on top of the world. I felt stronger and was prepared for anything ahead even as simple as a conversation..hard to explain...

But i also like my Life and my own self being. I guess its not really about the drug itself.

4. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Landgrun, did you read a poem from an unknown author I've posted entitled meth? If you haven't maybe you wanna read it. Here it is:

My Name Is Meth, I destroy home's, and tear families
    apart,
    Take your children, and that's just the start.
    I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold,
    The sorrow I bring, is a sight to behold.

If you need me, remember I'm easily found,
    I live all around you, in schools and in town.
    I live with the rich; I live with the poor,
    I live down the street, and maybe next door.

I'm made in a lab, but not like you think,
    I can be made under the kitchen sink.
    In your child's closet,and even in the woods,
    If this scares you to death, well it certainly should.

I have many names, but there's one you know best,
    I'm sure you've heard of me, my name is crystal meth.
    My power is awesome; try me you'll see,
    But if you do, you may never break free.

Just try me once, and I might let you go,
    But try me twice, and I'll own your soul.
    When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie,
    You do what you have to, just to get high.

The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms
    Will be worth the pleasure,
    you'll feel in your arms.
    You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad,
    When you see their tears, you should feel sad.

But you'll forget your morals, and how you were raised,
    I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.
    I take kids from parents ,and parents from kids,
    I turn people from God, and separate friends.

I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride,
    I'll be with you always, right by your side.
    You'll give up everything, your family, your home,
    Your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.

I'll take and take,till you have nothing more to give,
    When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.
    If you try me be warned this is no game,
    If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.

I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind,
    I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine.
    The nightmares I'll give you,while lying in bed,
    The voices you'll hear, from inside your head.

The sweats, the shakes, and the visions you'll see,
    I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.
    But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart,
    That you are mine, and we shall not part.

You'll regret that you tried me, they always do,
    But you came to me, not I to you.
    You knew this would happen, many times you were told,
    But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.

You could have said no, and just walked away,
    If you could live that day over, now what would you say?
    I'll be your master; you will be my slave,
    I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.

Now that you have met me, what will you do?
    Will you try me or not? It's all up to you.
    I can bring you more misery, than words can tell,
    Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell.

5. Landgrun

Landgrun Member

Yea i know to hear it being called "devils drug" is enough then too read that poem. IM NEVER DOING IT AGAIN. I KNOW WHAT IT CAN DO EASILY TO SOMEONE. NOT ME.
    That drug is dangerous. I diddnt know anything about it at the time. None of us did. Now i know. Thanks for posting. I shouldnt even acknowledege how it felt. I should be ackknowledging how it can mess you up BAD. And to never touch that shit again.

6. expressive_child

Well, I guess you are right :smile:

7. You're posting this poem all over the place. You're obviously against meth. I never had that problem with it. I never stole/borrowed/begged for it. I had a job that was such a pain in the ass I would wake up everyday not wanting to go. But I needed the money to live on. So I started doing meth to get me through the workdays. It helped me keep my shitty job when otherwise I would have ended up in/on the streets. You know meth is only so very horrible if you can't handle it...... whomever wrote that poem should have entitled it Crack imo. Or Alcohol.

8. expressive_child

Sorry. I was just curious about what people think about it. I didn't try it before so there is no way I can say I am against it.

9. Don't be sorry, I didn't mean anything really I just think there are worse things out there. And I see that noone really uses this subforum right now to talk about any drug so I don't know what kind of exposure the poem will get. You were smart posting it several times in this case, it's more likely to be read. :yes:

10. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

that poem is so powerful and so true...ive been hooked on meth before and it is hell to break free from it even tho there is so much distruction that comes a long with it its like when ur on it all u care about is getting that next high even if it means stealing money from ur own family or selling ur body for money or meth or some other drug.

i had been clean for several months from everything including meth. recently i relapsed and now im in my 3rd day of detoxing from it all. ive gotten so sick the drs in er when i was taken there from a friend due to a withdrawal seizure told me i needed a medical detox or i could die but that place wouldnt take me until i "tapper off" i know tho that if i take even a small amount of anything ill be off and there will be no tappering. so im jsu laying here hoping i dont die from this monster

11. expressive_child

I am glad you like the poem and thank you so much for sharing your experience as well as relating to it. So I guess this poem pretty much describes Meth then. I really hope you are able to hold on and continue staying clean, you are on your road to total recovery now and all you need to do is stay strong and I know you can do it! Its really good that you are sharing your experience here, and let others who has the thought of 'just wanting to give it a little try' what its like. I've never taken drugs before, but I do know some of my old friends in school got hooked on it because they just wanted a little taste of it in the beginning and just like that, they are hooked on it. Thanks again for sharing your experience and your comment on the poem.. :smile:

12. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

Expressive child, that was a great poem and most (if not all) of what you wrote is true. I’ve personally witness this devil drug destroy many peoples lives. I’m not sure if I can say I was ever addicted to crystal meth; however, I use to binge. I tried multiple times to overdose on crystal meth. Instead of dying, I experience amphetamine psychosis (Hear voices, see things, etc). During these binges I would feel like I was in hell for a week. Not a week with 8 hours of sleep each day…but literally 168 hours of never ending hell…yea, the hallucinations were, definitely, not friendly. I don’t think I would have tried to commit suicide if I had not started using meth. The severe depression that meth-withdrawal induced is what compelled me to overdose.

I think meth is worse than crack because the effects are longer, the substance more variable (each type of meth is different, you never know what you’re getting), and I’ve, personally, seen it ruin more lives. Plus, people are more likely to experience hallucinations and paranoid delusion when on meth. I’m not saying crack is OK….but I am disagreeing with “the me that you know”. I don’t think meth is a harmless drug. I don’t think people should find out “if they can handle it”. It is better to avoid it all together. The potential risks far outweigh the possible benefits. Each person’s biology is unique and we all react differently to different drugs. It is very possible that some people could take a small does of meth and die or experience amphetamine psychosis. Also a few old acquaintance of mind have ended up in jail or gone missing (dead?) because of associated problems (dealing with dangerous/paranoid drug dealers, possession, etc). Stay away from meth it’s not worth the risk.

13. expressive_child

I am glad you like it. But its not my poem actually (there is a note above it). Its from an unknown author. Well, I figured drugs is definitely not worthy trying though I never did before, and I don't even smoke. The thing is, I don't see what is so good about meth or other illicit drugs besides medical purposes and even that, patients tend to develop an addiction to it. From the way I see how everyone and I mean everyone end up after doing drugs, I know enough to say it is something to avoid and thats it, period.

Even though I once found a way to actually make myself hallucinate without the use of illicit drugs (which I am suprised by my own accidental discovery), I understand it is nothing too to actually do something to my nervous system whether the ingredients I used it illegal or not. But I am glad it wasn't addictive though, not really like drugs I guess. One of my former schoolmates was once addicted to ecstasy and smokes heavily too. He can't stay his work without smoking two packs of cigarette in the morning!

I last heard from him almost ten years ago, not even sure if he is still alive! The simple truth is there are simply too many dangers in illicit drugs and definitely no or extremely little benefits from taking it! So I agree with your statement wholeheartedly; Stay away from meth it’s not worth the risk. - definitely!

14. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Took everything from me. everything.
    it took 3 years of my life. i'm halfway through my second year sober and things are better now but i had to hit emotional rock bottom and i won't even tell my best friend some of the situations i found myself in on the crazy road trip i took when i ran away and tweaked in various places for a year and a half.

i was a smart, focused college student in a good university and ended up alone miscarrying a fetus in the middle of my apartment floor. at that point my spirit cracked and i felt it draining out of me.

this drug broke me and there is no doubt about that. i've seen it happen to many other people and i know i got off lightly, i am alive and have wrestled my life back together. i know people that have relapsed so many times and they are such sad people, you can see their soulless eyes and it is the saddest thing i have ever known when somebody cannot face their life without the drug because life has fallen into too many pieces for them to try to reassemble it. they lack the resources to take the time off to regain energy and mental capacity and so are stuck in the loop of using until they die or get arrested.

don't try it one time. not even once. the first time you put it in your system, meth forms a pathway in your brain, or rather it short-circuits the path of electrical impulses in your brain that allow you to make the decision to say no. there is no reason or rational process from there on out. the first time you do it, the first time you snort or smoke it destroys the point between wanting the drug physically and going out and doing it, the point in between, where you're supposed to weigh the pros and cons and realize that its bad for your health and a waste of your time.

this is all i can say, i have no poem, i have no need for anything but god at this point. i was rescued by something, maybe just myself internally breaking out of the trance.

i can't regain those years. they are gone. my brain is permanently damaged to some degree, although i don't think my intelligence was affected as much as my mood; i need lots of medication now. scientists have pretty much determined that meth does damage to your brain that is irreversible.

i made the vow when i was at the bottom, when i could go no further and it was misery either high or sober, at the end of the spiral that i would rather die than use meth even one more time. i will stand by this forever.

thanks for this opportunity. i feel somewhat liberated to return to that place. i hope maybe one person reads it and decides not to try meth. there is nothing i can say except that it robbed me and it will rob you, its not a question of having an affinity for it, or having the right chemistry for it, if you do it once your brain is changed. devils drug, whatever man, its just a waste of time and a waste of life.

15. expressive_child

Hmmmm..I guess its crystal clear now as to the effect it has and whoever thought of trying it, they better forget it and think of something else asap or else it will be too late. But I am glad you are clea now and thats real good. So I guess anyone who think that meth is 'not dangerous if you know how to control yourself' is absolutely wrong! Thanks for sharing your experience here, I truly appreciate it :smile:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.