Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by jcat, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

what to do? i love her so much, but i can't just sit back and watch her kill herself. she's back to shooting speed again. i just wish there was something i could do to help her. to get her to stop. but i know there isn't anything i can do. it's her choice and decision on what she does with her life. but dam it, is there anything i cn fucking do?
    i can't stand talking to her when she's loaded, but i can't stand not talking to her.

what the fuck am i to do?
  2. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Don’t leave her. I got addicted to a great many things, and I started because I was hoping someone would notice and try and help me. My friends got fed up, left me, and I started doing them a lot…a lot. Ended up almost dying from drug overdose, and luckily got myself out of it.
    I say, don’t leave her. She needs help, whether it is from you or a professional, I say friends are more effective. Express your concern and tell her you’re worried about her. She needs you.
  3. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

i know what it's like to be addicted and can't stop. thanks for the advice.
  4. rwillson

rwillson Well-Known Member

obviously she needs help, but i got news for you, if her using is impacting you this deeply you need help as well, get yourself to an Alanon meeting or something, you are going to need to yourself get in a better place before you can help her. going through this in a co-dependent manner will only destroy both of you (speaking from experience)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.