Method reveals if you're considering suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hae-Gi, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Method will reveal if you're planning suicide

I wouldn't exactly call this "help," which the description of this forum, tells it is for, but it seemed most appropriate, posting it here.

I have no link to it (which would be in Swedish, anyway), but a new Swedish method will reveal if you're seriously contemplating suicide. It has been discovered that someone who is seriously considering suicide has no curiosity, so after having receptors placed on one's fingers, you will be exposed to various sounds, and the production of sweat will tell if you have curiosity on what sound comes next. If the production of sweat indicates you don't have any curiosity, it will be expected that you're seriously suicidal.

Another blow to privacy. It's only a matter of time until they start making these tests on everyone, in order to "help" them, followed by you being forced to take zombifying medications. Maybe you, on some places, will be able to fool them, by drenching your hands in anti-perspirants, but I bet they will force you to wash your hands, while monitoring that you're really doing it, on most places.

Damned interveners!
  2. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Fuck it... -_- what I meant with that it probably was inappropriate, was my inclusion of harsh comments on the matter. This is a pro-life forum, after all... not that I understand how anyone can think it's okay, even knowing what people are thinking, but obviously, there are people who do not respect privacy in the world... otherwise, science like this wouldn't happen, and operative systems like Windows Vista wouldn't be developed.
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Re: Method will reveal if you're planning suicide

Sounds interesting, but I wonder just how accurate this really is. So many different factors could come into play that could skew the results. Hmmm. I would be interested in learning more about this.
  4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Was it really necessary to edit this thread into how it first was written for the Links & Resources forum? Now my second post makes no sense. Meh... -_-
  5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Strange. They should only force you to do this if you are involuntarily institutionalized. It could be dangerous though too, even if you take the test voluntarily. For example, if someone is manic depressive or bipolar, they might show the requisite curiosity during the test, but be prone to impulsive acts, so they might not be treated as a serious risk.

I wonder also if it's really accurate and if there is a sliding scale to determine if you are severely suicidal or just "kind of" suicidal...whatever that means.
  6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Can you PM them to me please. It sounds interesting :)
  7. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

PM what...? I don't have a link, if you mean that... there's one I know in Swedish, but it's only in video form, as well... I cannot play the video format in question, either, on my mobile (no working computer), so I cannot translate it, either... it basically just said what I said, when I saw it on television, though.
  8. Blackness

Blackness Guest

hmm ok my bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.