Michael Jackson charged with abducting 10-year-old

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mortal Moon, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I don't know if this is a little black humour but I had to laugh. Not at the situation though, obviously.

3. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure what's funny here? That pedo threatened to kill and sexually abused that little boy,most likely ruined his life.

4. Butterfly

As I said, I wasn't laughing at the situation. It was the name of the man and the age I found to be ironic which is why I am wondering if that was why the OP posted this.

5. In a Lonely Place

Sure I bet that kids parents are laughing at the irony of it all.

6. Butterfly

Ok. Whatever.

7. Mortal Moon

And here I thought we'd all just have a giggle at the coincidence and then move on. I didn't know everything had to be so deadly serious all the time. Sorry.

8. Butterfly

That is what I thought Mortal Moon. Obviously it is a devastating situation for the boy and his family, cannot imagine the pain and torment they are going through right now and no one is laughing at the poor boy's experience as it is absolutely disgusting. But oh well, nevermind.

9. In a Lonely Place

When a kid gets snatched off the street and raped by some sicko and threatened with death I just don't find a lighter side to the story. He coulda been called darth vader,mickey mouse or barrack obama and im not gonna be laughing. But hey that's just me,no sense of humour I guess

10. BeautifullyChaotic

BeautifullyChaotic Well-Known Member

It is incredibly ironic, but not funny in my opinion, which is saying something because I have always had somewhat of an open sense of humor; I can laugh about almost anything. Thank goodness the boy is safe at home now; it could have been much worse and I'm sure he is going to need counseling.

11. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

The Father will have a chuckle about it when it all dies down.

12. Mortal Moon

Many of the things people laugh at on a daily basis have a darker, unfunny side to them- especially when they come from the news. Compartmentalization and doublethink are where 99% of humor comes from in the first place. Obviously, the joke was never meant to be anything like "child abduction is hilarious."

13. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Oh you got me yet again, jester. You got me... yet again.

14. Prinnctopher's Belt

Get out.

15. In a Lonely Place

Excuse me?

16. Mortal Moon

:tongue:

17. Prinnctopher's Belt

This was funny, moon man. I shared this with all my friends on facebook and they're all "lol"ing at the irony in a man named Michael Jackson as the suspect.

18. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I can see marks point. On any other site i would share this and have a good laugh at it, but posting a link like that on a site such as this is just highly offensive due to the fact that many members have been sexually abused.

19. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I fail to see how this could be funny.

Both MJ's were child molesters... doesn't make it right.

20. In a Lonely Place

Don't question prinn coz she's untouchable,there's people waiting for me to rise so I get another infraction,well you've got a long wait coz it ain't happening.
    Apparently everyone on here that's suffered sexual abuse will see the irony and have a jolly good chuckle at this story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.