Midterms

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Skylar, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

My midterms are starting in two weeks. I am not worried for them at the moment. Though I am not studying at all and I fear I will fail in them. The fact that I am not worried about them sort of worries me?? I mean why don't I care about them... I was aiming to get really good grades to transfer to another university but those hopes have sinked in the ocean probably... uhh...
    Last year I had the motivation and I was able to study enjoying it but since second semester I absolutely can't study for long. And I don't enjoy it anymore. I don't know if I can take it for five more years (if I pass all my classes, if not college can last longer for me)... Sometimes I just wanna drop out but starting again.... I just don't have the energy for it.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi Skylar, you probably don't care about midterms because other things are more important in your life than a midterm grade. How much are they worth? I know that when I was studying for mine, I had trouble making myself care about them. Can you defer them or drop a course?

3. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

I think not. I have to take them on time. Dropping them is not an option as well. See I am in second year and after third year we start taking classes in clinics, but I can't become a fourth year student unless I pass all my classes in the first three years.

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I understand, my program is also very structured. Are your classes offered in the summer semester? Or you could do the classes for your first three years in 4 or 5 years. You can do this!:)

5. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

See I wanna transfer to another university and if you lose years in college, you can't transfer to that university. And I don't wanna lose years and seem weak to those people who hurt me and got me to this point :) Btw med school is already 6 years lol if I complete 6 semesters in 5 years, at best chance I will graduate at the age of 27 and I also want to move to America as soon as I graduate, I don't wanna delay my leave from the country. Things are very well complicated. I can explain further if you'd like lol thank you for your suggestions though I know you are trying to find less stresful ways :)

6. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

BTW our university had summer school until last year, we could get classes up to ten credits but it is gone too :) My luck I guess....

7. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, didnt care the least about my finals. ^^^solid advice and input from the above comments so i cant really say much else. I found studying in short bursts helps. 15 mins a couple times a day. Or make flash cards in one set of 15 mins and carry em around with u. :) hope thos helped. (And btw i dod great in all my classes but 1.)

8. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

I'm glad you did good, I have some bad greats and I have to study real hard for my finals. For the time being I am doing much better that I was during the midterms, emotionally and mentally speaking. I hope I can do good too and pass my classes. Thank you for the studying advice, I'll try that :)