Midterms

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Skylar, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

My midterms are starting in two weeks. I am not worried for them at the moment. Though I am not studying at all and I fear I will fail in them. The fact that I am not worried about them sort of worries me?? I mean why don't I care about them... I was aiming to get really good grades to transfer to another university but those hopes have sinked in the ocean probably... uhh...
    Last year I had the motivation and I was able to study enjoying it but since second semester I absolutely can't study for long. And I don't enjoy it anymore. I don't know if I can take it for five more years (if I pass all my classes, if not college can last longer for me)... Sometimes I just wanna drop out but starting again.... I just don't have the energy for it.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Alumni

Hi Skylar, you probably don't care about midterms because other things are more important in your life than a midterm grade. How much are they worth? I know that when I was studying for mine, I had trouble making myself care about them. Can you defer them or drop a course?

3. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

I think not. I have to take them on time. Dropping them is not an option as well. See I am in second year and after third year we start taking classes in clinics, but I can't become a fourth year student unless I pass all my classes in the first three years.

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Alumni

I understand, my program is also very structured. Are your classes offered in the summer semester? Or you could do the classes for your first three years in 4 or 5 years. You can do this!:)

5. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

See I wanna transfer to another university and if you lose years in college, you can't transfer to that university. And I don't wanna lose years and seem weak to those people who hurt me and got me to this point :) Btw med school is already 6 years lol if I complete 6 semesters in 5 years, at best chance I will graduate at the age of 27 and I also want to move to America as soon as I graduate, I don't wanna delay my leave from the country. Things are very well complicated. I can explain further if you'd like lol thank you for your suggestions though I know you are trying to find less stresful ways :)

6. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

BTW our university had summer school until last year, we could get classes up to ten credits but it is gone too :) My luck I guess....

7. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, didnt care the least about my finals. ^^^solid advice and input from the above comments so i cant really say much else. I found studying in short bursts helps. 15 mins a couple times a day. Or make flash cards in one set of 15 mins and carry em around with u. :) hope thos helped. (And btw i dod great in all my classes but 1.)

8. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

I'm glad you did good, I have some bad greats and I have to study real hard for my finals. For the time being I am doing much better that I was during the midterms, emotionally and mentally speaking. I hope I can do good too and pass my classes. Thank you for the studying advice, I'll try that :)