Might as well post this here, I guess

Discussion in 'LGBTQIA (New Forum)' started by BitterandNumb, Oct 8, 2016.

1. BitterandNumb

BitterandNumb Member

TRIGGER WARNING -- Contains adult content and sexual topics!

This is kind of embarrassing for me to talk about, but here goes:
    First of all, the reason I'm posting this in the LGBTQIA section is because I am, in fact, bisexual. Although I've found I tend to have a preference for men (being a man myself). That alone isn't really embarrassing for me to talk about, I'm not ashamed of my sexual orientation by itself, but the thing is... I'm kind of a total pervert. I am always thinking about sex, the desire for it dominates my life. I'm always looking at anyone remotely attractive as if they are pieces of meat, be they friends or complete strangers. I can't help it. I feel like I need sex in my life in order to be happy. That's just the kind of person I am, I guess. So of course, I have been desperately seeking a relationship or at least a friend-with-benefits that can give me what I so deeply need. But I have had little success in my 27 years of life. I've tried dating sites, I've even tried men-seeking-men personal ads on craigslist. I am too socially inept to go to bars or clubs or try to hook up with people through those kinds of methods. I just don't know what to do anymore... I've almost given up hope completely. I feel too old, too broken, and most of all, too ugly to find the happiness I seek.
  2. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Well-Known Member

Well...practically speaking for the short term, have you tried Tinder/Grindr? They seem to be pretty swift convenient apps.

But on a possibly deeper level, if this is consuming a large possibly 'abnormal' part of your life and/or thoughts, maybe you can try to make an appointment with a therapist to see if there is a root cause or if there is anything you can do practically to help control it so you have greater balance, as there are probably other things you can enjoy in life without the constant focus on sex.
    You could just have a very high drive, but the phrasing that it dominates you could be a cause for concern, not just because it is sex, but from the viewpoint that anything that controls your life in such a manner may be unhealthy.

I hope you get both short term and longer term solutions :)