Might bail

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by BlondRedHead, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlondRedHead

BlondRedHead Well-Known Member

I think I need to leave the site for awhile. I've become obsessed, checking my mail and threads and reading peoples like no joke, 15 times a day. Sometimes I keep the page up and just refresh it all day. I rushed home from a friends house the other night just to read an email I was waiting for from someone.

Is this healthy?

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

It's not healthy hun. But I think we've all been there at some point.

Sometimes people need to go On Leave so they can step back, have a break.

:hug: xx

3. BlondRedHead

I just took a week off and thought I was over it but I have been on in overdrive. I don't think I can stop cold turkey lol, but I think I will cut it down to like, twice a day.

4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Lol I can't go cold turkey either, I've tried so many times :shy:.

I try & limit myself to once a day, it's hard sometimes especially at weekends. Try to find something else to occupy your time & then try to maintain a healthy balance.

5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I have the same problem, hours everyday disappear on this site but I'm starting to find other ways to spend my time. :)

6. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

sadly..no..thankfully.. no one makes the rules for what is ok in life.You are an outgoing person who wants and needs attention as well as to give it.Sometimes life does not give us that opportunity anywhere but online.I say don't go away.But try to make your 3d life as meaningful.Easier said than done when there is no support quite like there is here online.

7. BlondRedHead

I will cut back but I have decided to stay crazy and just continue to obsess but ONLY when I am home.

8. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I think we've all been there, and sometimes revisit :biggrin: It's a very addictive place, especially at first but I'm sure you'll find that after a while things will calm down.

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It becomes like an addiction for some of us. Cutting back may be a good idea if you are feeling that strong of pull. As was stated above, most of us have been there at one time or another. :hug:

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have SF open about 12 hours a day :unsure:

some days i spend 15-16 hours here :dunno:

It hasn't done me any harm .. if you feel you need a break, go for it :) We'll be here when you get back.

11. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i'm the same, i am on here way too much :laugh:
    i don't think there's anything wrong with it though, as long as it's not hindering your normal life xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.