Mild Hallucinations

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by InnerStrength, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if severe depression might cause mild hallucinations? Sometimes, I see colored dots (very clearly), other times I will see faint flashes of light. It usually happens when I am under acute distress, but it will happen randomly as well.

It's really frightening, for me.

2. WintersDawn

WintersDawn Active Member

I feel very crazy to admit that I often have hallucinations when I'm very distressed, mostly images of children peeking around corners of my house. If I'm laying down, I will get intense tactile hallucinations - feeling things touching me, or my bed shaking.

It's like the senses kick into overdrive and perceives things that are truly not there. I've somewhat managed to become used to these things and so they don't freak me out so much anymore...

So, I'd have to agree with the notion that depression/distress can cause hallucinations. You might want to consider getting some testing done however... other things can cause hallucinations such as what you are describing, usually anything that might be putting pressure on the brain.

Please talk to your Dr. about it...

3. raw

raw Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

InnerStrength

It is true that depression can cause hallucinations, but what you described could be caused by many different things. For example, I have occular migranes. It is a migrane without the tremendous pain. I see dots, geometric designs, sometimes pulsating, streaks of light and so forth. It lasts for a couple of seconds to several minutes or longer. The doctor said it was nothing to worry about.

I guess my point is I hope you check with your doctor because there are a number of things it could be that are physical.

Take Care

Rick

4. Prosit

Prosit Guest

All i can say is that you are not alone with this. I can see things all from big green dots to a person walking passed me. It usually depends on what i am thinking of at the time i am depressed.

5. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I have the exact samething. for me though the dots are now constant, seem to be always moving, like its stained on my eyes, but internal. I get flashes of pure white from these dots every so often. its gotten worse for me, i dont know if its a deteroriating issue or just from stress i cant deal with. seems that the more stuff i leave or know but cant help in anyway or make worse, more of this blurr of dots take presence. id say its trillions if not more, they're so small, but they arent fixed. .. wish i had my clear perception and sight back. all this aura seems to do is fuel my mental dillusions. its like a breeding ground for it. i donno. maybe its a way for the mind to focus on something thats there, instead of the reality of reality. something u shift ur attention or brain too...

all i know is, when i was with my friend, it went away almost. it cleared. alot of unasnwered questions faded away,.. the time we spent together ..then i left, now its gotten 10 times worse.. i feel trapped in a pulsating wave of emotion that seems to have been a wave of all emotions, but now its sheding itself down to fewer and fewer.., but the strength of the wave is growing and growing..

i donno what im trying to share, just shareing. take from it what you wish if anything.

6. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

I have the constant dots swarming around my eyes as well. I think it might be my mind responding to suddenly going out into the light (don't go out very much). I'll get it inside too, sometimes, though.

I discussed this with my psychologist (a long time ago), and he said it really wasn't something to worry about. But that's just the opinion of one doctor. And I think it's interesting that it didn't start until a few years ago.

7. tillymus

tillymus Member

i have seen coloured dots around my eyes they move no matter what directions also 2 days ago i saw a rotating head floating infront of me it really scared me it appeared for 10 seconds then vanished in to thin air.

8. poison

poison Well-Known Member

this has happened to me a few times, like chills run through me or I see like a deformed human peeking around the corner, but i think its my emotions and imagination getting the best of me.

9. just to say, when i get deprsed or stresed enough, my bad vision mixxes wiht my anxietys and i bing to heere my name beign calle das if somones taunting me and things seems to start dsipitating as if they where neve rthe reinteh first place. house bing to sway and bend adn my name is calle dfrom all directions.

its creapy to be sure. but it happens. hang in there.

10. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yeah, I've experienced it before hun, can also be with some personality disorders..

:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.