Millions gone

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Idon'twant2live, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idon'twant2live

Idon'twant2live Active Member

Well I did what everyone of u would never have done. I gave away all my won millions. I was just to lonely. I don’t want people to love me for the money, so I gave it all away. Well almost. I kept $100,000.00. and spent $100,000.00. The rest 14,800,000.00 I gave away to charities.

Sorry for not giving it away to those here who have asked for some, but try and understand that money just makes people crazy. For me, it depressed me more and more every day. Everyone in my family and circle of friends, were always wanting to take me out, as long as I paid. I thought that it was me that they wanted to hang out with, but it wasn’t, it was just the money.

Now that everyone knows, I sure lost a lot of so called friends. Everyone has dumped me like a pile of shit. I am much happier now tho. Back to work, enjoying what I love. Not making lots of money, but who cares. Money isn’t everything.
    :dry:

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Way to go! People here were really asking for money? Hmmm... Anyway, I'm glad you're happier without it. What charities did you happen to give the money to if you don't mind my asking? You should feel very proud knowing you have changed the lives of so many people. How many people ever get the opportunity to do something so amazing?

3. Idon'twant2live

There were over 300 charities that got the money. Some of them were the food bank, goodwill, red cross, santa clause anonymous to name a few.

4. Esmeralda

I think the Santa Claus charity seems really sweet :) I'm glad you love what you do and that you kept a little for yourself "just in case". Invest it (with the help of an advisor, of course) or put it in a high-yeild account of some sort and you should be set for any incidentals. Did you personally decide which charities to give to or was it random?

5. Idon'twant2live

I personally decided. Cause if I were to have asked my family or friends, well, u know what the answer would be. and one of the reasons I gave it away was cause, life looses it's appeal. U have nothing to look forward to. Like that new car that u've always wanted but could never afford. Or a trip someplace, or whatever. It's no fun if u just go in and buy it. Big deal, now what no payments, u play with it and after that the thrill of owning something that U've always wanted, the thrill is gone.

6. Esmeralda

Personally, I would love to have that kind of money. I would mostly travel, because I really love to travel :) I would definitely give a lot to charity and help my family out. But if that was the right decision for you, I think that's great and it helped so many people in the process, which is huge. Give yourself a pat on the back because you did a really good thing and know that you've done more to better people's lives than almost anyone can ever do.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sure you have enlightened the lives of many people with your generous donations. Not many would do what you have done. :hug:

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Wow. That is wonderful. It is nice to know there are generous people like you in the world :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.