Mimicking TV Characters

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by fromthatshow, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Sometimes I'll be watching TV shows and see how confident a character is and decide that I want to go out into the world with that confidence. I'll tell myself, I want to be like that.
    Anyone else use TV in this way?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

YES! I want to be angelina jolie in girl interrupted. I know she's a sociopath in it..but so much confidence!!! It's not fair :blub: lol
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Awe yeah I LOVE her character.
    When I wrote this I was thinking of JD from Scrubs :D
  4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Characters on TV are role models for many people. My kids were living commercials :)
  5. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Well, not proud to tell... I wanted to be Scully, to be loved by my potential bio father. Pathetic. Who does worse?
  6. Robin

Robin Guest

I used to think I could climb walls like Spiderman if I concentrated hard enough .. oh and am the first person I know to have Truman Syndrome when I was a kid :)
  7. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with television role models...so long as they're good ones! :p
  8. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD. I do this all the time! I even find myself copying someone mannerisms in real life if I'm watching a show regularly at any one time.
    I thought I was the only one. haha.

I wish I was Sarah from Chuck. lol
  9. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i think people on tv copy me... angel wishes he was as emo as me lol.

(im not that emo)
  10. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Lol thanks for the laugh.
  11. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I watch quite a lot of WWE (wrestling) programming, and I'd love to have either Chris Jericho's or CM Punk's personality lol!

They both just come across as really articulate and even though they're bad guys and are booed by fans they don't care because a lot of what they say is the truth. They're basically hated for speaking the truth. Jericho talks about people being hypocrites and CM Punk rips on people for taking drugs, alcohol etc....I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd love to have the confidence to speak my mind and not give a damn about whether people are going to love me or hate me for it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.