Mind-blowing video

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Little_me, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Take a look at this... There are hundreds of billions of stars like these in one single galaxy like ours. And then there are hundreds of billions of galaxies out there.

We look at the sky and think the nearby stars look tiny. But we are the tiny ones, we are nothing in the universe. If I was better at math, I would go for becoming an astronomer :biggrin: this is amazing.
  2. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Yes amazing, loved the video thank you. Not seen one showing just how small we really are. Love all this space stuff.

Thought you might like this, don't miss the large images on right handside. :smile:

3. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Thank you :smile: I'll check it out
  4. Charlie Milles

Charlie Milles Well-Known Member

I have a new nickname for my penis, thank you.
  5. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

...took me a minute to get that.:rolleyes:
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Do the members of this forum really need help feeling small?
  7. Charlie Milles

Charlie Milles Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a bad truism, actually; takes some pressure off in realizing your irrelevance.
  8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I live for the tiny details on earth, so, to me- the size of the universe doesn't take away my appreciation but makes me love them more. :smile:
  9. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

so, which one will we humans abuse after we destroyed our current one (earth) ?

take a look at this one, it doesnt tell us more about other planets beside the one we are using to live in but it gives a very good perspective of mother earth.

seen it a couple times allready and i totally LOVE the footage
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.