Mirror Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dots

Misknown Member
My reflection says to me... or I say to it... whichever, Sylvia Plath would know. A place for the voices in my head to come out and play.

Fuck you. You earned your degree and now you're doing nothing with it.

You're just watching yourself waste away.

You may as well be dead because you act like you already are.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
What did you get your degree in?

Lots of folks can’t use theirs these days. . .
I think my generation became the first to earn the noble distinction of, “moving back home after graduating from college!” (& as a bonus: sometimes with a partner!) — it then turned into, sometime after that: “boomerang babies!” / I think... referencing how we’d leave the nest, only to return / or come back!! We were winners— boomerangs for the boomers (baby!)! :^)) they must’ve thought - our fathers were part of the greatest generations and our sons and daughters part of the worst. . . :D

how do you find Dickinson? There was a member here years ago, who had a great quote by her ~ & I’m blanking on what it was... very morose, as I recall (ah. Yes! Mayb not-) “I found it shelter, to speak to you...” or was it, “I find it shelter. . ; )” / may have been mixing it up w/ “the thirst for self-torture!” :D

did you see the movie where Gwen, not stefani—why am I blanking on the name? Brad Pitt, Shakespeare in love (I think it was call ed?) . . . Anyway, I think she played her in a movie 🎥 once, just wondering what you thought 💭 of it, if you saw it! : )

ah yes, it had her husband in it as well - the other poet..;)

Dots

Misknown Member
What did you get your degree in?

Lots of folks can’t use theirs these days. . .
I think my generation became the first to earn the noble distinction of, “moving back home after graduating from college!” (& as a bonus: sometimes with a partner!) — it then turned into, sometime after that: “boomerang babies!” / I think... referencing how we’d leave the nest, only to return / or come back!! We were winners— boomerangs for the boomers (baby!)! :^)) they must’ve thought - our fathers were part of the greatest generations and our sons and daughters part of the worst. . . :D

how do you find Dickinson? There was a member here years ago, who had a great quote by her ~ & I’m blanking on what it was... very morose, as I recall (ah. Yes! Mayb not-) “I found it shelter, to speak to you...” or was it, “I find it shelter. . ; )” / may have been mixing it up w/ “the thirst for self-torture!” :D

did you see the movie where Gwen, not stefani—why am I blanking on the name? Brad Pitt, Shakespeare in love (I think it was call ed?) . . . Anyway, I think she played her in a movie 🎥 once, just wondering what you thought 💭 of it, if you saw it! : )

ah yes, it had her husband in it as well - the other poet..;)
International Relations, Social Movements and Political science. The degree got me my current job, but my current job has almost zero to do with my field of study. I never moved back in with my parent after uni.. I'd rather speak publicly and get booed off stage than do that.

I do like Dickinson but she needs to be taken in small doses, just like Black Mirror- the tv show- does.

Oh, Gwyneth Paltrow. No.. I never did see it. If I did, I don't remember it.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi. I'm so confused about these replies. *smh Never know what's going on here sometimes
Anyway, what is it you'd LIKE to be doing with your degree? What was the intention while you were on school or what was the end goal while you were studying?

Dots

Misknown Member
Hi. I'm so confused about these replies. *smh Never know what's going on here sometimes
Anyway, what is it you'd LIKE to be doing with your degree? What was the intention while you were on school or what was the end goal while you were studying?
I wanted to go into intelligence but I am too sick....

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I wanted to go into intelligence but I am too sick....
Oh wouldn't that have been exciting? I'm sorry that didn't work out. That really does suck.
It sounds like you're dissatisfied with your job now. Are you unhappy with it or is just not what you really wanted to do?

Dots

Misknown Member
Oh wouldn't that have been exciting? I'm sorry that didn't work out. That really does suck.
It sounds like you're dissatisfied with your job now. Are you unhappy with it or is just not what you really wanted to do?
It's 8 hours of staring at a computer. It sounds exciting on paper.. which is why I applied, but horribly misleading.

Yeah, I know I am lucky and some people might even envy my job. Like 19 year old retail me would envy 28 year old university me but... god, it's so boring. I want to curl into a ball and cry. Sometimes I even make up songs while I'm working. Or start talking to myself... Btw, I work from home right now so... I don't come off as crazy. To them.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
International Relations, Social Movements and Political science. The degree got me my current job, but my current job has almost zero to do with my field of study. I never moved back in with my parent after uni.. I'd rather speak publicly and get booed off stage than do that.

I do like Dickinson but she needs to be taken in small doses, just like Black Mirror- the tv show- does.

Oh, Gwyneth Paltrow. No.. I never did see it. If I did, I don't remember it.
That is a very interesting combo! I think that, for my major anyway, which was so vague & generalized—most people ended up going some typical paths (none of which were, “intended to be thought of initially while undergoing schooling...”): these wold include, studying whatever your mind or was (like business administration, or what have you!), as opposed to
Getting whatever you’d thought you were goin got got like public
Relations and whatnot
Or they went and got something totally unrelated (which mad e me wonder if any bachelors degree was just that, like a high school diploma $ unles yoo we re going into something specific any like teaching hiring morons g nursing and so and on
Sorry having a hard time typing with many distraction s none of which are the slightest pleasing or pleasant—-
I’m aot
Older tha yi
Loved black mirro
Watched all of them last super - last year (don’t know if they came out wo Th one ☝️ this year - intense stuff yes, but awesome/5$$$& thing I watched em all at once . . :|

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
I’m sorry your job is crushing you like that. It is hard to face that day after day.

Some people are fortunate to have jobs that fit their education and dreams. Many have jobs that don’t meet their intellectual, emotional, or inner abilities and needs, so they pursue hobbies, join clubs, do things in the community to fill the gap that is not met through work. It sounds like you are doing that almost naturally if you are making up songs as you work. You don’t say if they are funny songs or serious ones, but it is creative either way! :) I hope you find a way to feel better. :)

Dots

Misknown Member
That is a very interesting combo!
It was... I loved it.

Sorry having a hard time typing with many distraction s none of which are the slightest pleasing or pleasant—-
It's okay.. you don't need to say sorry. You and I both have the understanding that it's ok to be incoherent at any time. Sorry they are not pleasant.

They're good but depressing. Then again, I find most things depressing so I am not the best judge.

Dots

Misknown Member
I’m sorry your job is crushing you like that. It is hard to face that day after day.

Some people are fortunate to have jobs that fit their education and dreams. Many have jobs that don’t meet their intellectual, emotional, or inner abilities and needs, so they pursue hobbies, join clubs, do things in the community to fill the gap that is not met through work. It sounds like you are doing that almost naturally if you are making up songs as you work. You don’t say if they are funny songs or serious ones, but it is creative either way! :) I hope you find a way to feel better. :)
Thank you. :) They're usually silly and extremely weird. I try to fulfill my interests other ways but it's difficult for me to join anything.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Damn. That reference brought me here. ♡
And I happen to relate a lot with what you said about having a degree and doing nothing with it. I'm sorry you're in this job you dislike and doesn't have to do with what you studied, I know how that feels... That's the first and most important reason we usually study - to get a job later, right? - but the studies are worth it on their own too, and it's good to remind ourselves of that sometimes. You said you loved your studies, I'm sure it taught you many things that have immense value to you. If they're not directly put to practice to earn you money, they can still be "pursued" in a different way. I suppose it is still an interest of yours, and you keep learning things in the field, or talking to people about it (or you could...).
That being said, sometimes a job can make us miserable, if you feel like all it brings you is money (which is already a lot to be grateful for, of course). But I think it's worth considering changing it, perhaps (lol, as if you never thought of that... sorry, it's just encouragement). Change can be very good, and I think you can find better than what you got, even if imperfect.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Everyone’s sort of , y’know! Searching for something, like usually their identity... (& I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the film 🎞 “mulholland drive,” before - by director david lynch), but. . . //~>•^*_)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00