• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Mirrors and photos

I don't even remember the last time I saw myself in the mirror or in a picture. I just can't look to myself, I feel bad and ashamed to see such a miserable creature. It's really hard to me when I need to shave or cut my own hair but I manage to do it even without looking at the mirror. I do take pictures but I can't look at it, a blur my vision, I look at another direction or say something else to avoid looking at me, I just can't. I wanted to look to myself again and feel proud of what I see, but I just hate myself. I feel miserable, I can't even cry of saddiness and don't know why. I want to be normal.

I don't even remember the last time I saw myself in the mirror or in a picture. I just can't look to myself, I feel bad and ashamed to see such a miserable creature. It's really hard to me when I need to shave or cut my own hair but I manage to do it even without looking at the mirror. I do take pictures but I can't look at it, a blur my vision, I look at another direction or say something else to avoid looking at me, I just can't. I wanted to look to myself again and feel proud of what I see, but I just hate myself. I feel miserable, I can't even cry of saddiness and don't know why. I want to be normal.
Please don’t feel like that. We’re all beautiful in our own way. I struggle with my looks also.

Walker

Everything Zen
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Supporter
I really avoid mirrors and photos as well. I leave the bathroom mirror open when I brush my teeth so I don't have to look at this wretched thing staring back into it. And I just avoid having photos taken. Screw that.
Sorry you feel bad, bro. I feel for ya.

MarkahMalady

Same. My husband was trying to show me pictures from our wedding, I begged him not to, it just ruins my day. If I ever get a good shot it takes about a million tries and leaves me drained and depressed.
Definitely avoid looking at mirrors in public, that'll ruin a good time for sure.

DrownedFishOnFire

Seeing is Believing
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Am not photogenic even drivers license shows me clenching my jaw in a pained grimace every single time I have to renew it.

What I like about some cultures they do not believe in taking pictures or having pictures around of the person. That's my excuse I'm in the wrong culture.

middlerose

Photos and mirrors are a nightmate...I see what the world sees...a fat unattractive old lady.. it' So hard in this world where a certain appearance is almost mandatory. Such a shallow world indeed..the pressure to look a certain way causes me much anxety And depression...

theedda

I can deal with the mirror okay, but man, I still avoid pictures like the plague. It's one of the things that really gets to me, since I'm extremely unphotogenic. I spend a long time building up my confidence, and accepting how I look, but then boom, some family member or friend INSISTS on taking a picture, and all that comes crumbling down. Even when people do take pictures of me, I go out of my way to avoid looking at them. Every picture I've used on Facebook or Tinder has been a selfie, and even those take me waaaay too long to get something I'm even remotely happy with. And I can't smile in pictures, for the life of me. Even if I take something that makes me look more or less human, I manage to ruin it by looking miserable.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I really hope you find some confidence in yourself, though I know that's easier said than done

Photos and mirrors are a nightmate...I see what the world sees...a fat unattractive old lady.. it' So hard in this world where a certain appearance is almost mandatory. Such a shallow world indeed..the pressure to look a certain way causes me much anxety And depression...
I’m with you Middlerose, except thin, old and ugly. I hate photos being taken of me and mirrors I avoid as best I can. If people look at me outside I just want to curl up and cry convinced they are horrified and I should get out of their way. It’s so sad that a lot of the world sets store on looks and body image.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$480.00
Goal
$255.00