Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by emoprincess, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emoprincess

emoprincess Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed with severe depression about 5 years ago, and have since been Fluoxetine, which has never made much difference to be honest. The past few months though, I have been thinking. I've become increasingly irritable. Sometimes I just can't sit still. I have to be doing something productive, and I can't stop talking. I have these moments quite frequently now, as well as my major depressive episodes. My friend is suffering from BPD, and she's also worried that I may have it too. Is this possible?

If so, how do I go about seeing a doctor for a re-diagnosis? I don't want to go and see one, only for them to patronise me because I have a possible diagnosis.

Thank you in advance
  2. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

It defintly possible you have been misdiagonised and a second opinon never hurt anyone. I have been misdiagoinsed once maybe even twice in my life, my first diagnosis was for common depression and I went through the basic pills the give, prozac, fluoxetine all thoese stuff to no avail (although some make me fell better then others). Ten years later I moved out of state and the doctor I was seeing came to the conclusion that I never was depressed, rather I had a very bad anxiety disorder, I was giving new medicine that worked better then the depression meds. Now I moved again and my medical doctor I am seeing says I dont have depression or anxiety but rather I am low on a needed chemical in my body testrone. I don't fully buy this explenation but the medicne to replace the chemical is doing wonders for my mood so who knows. I think doctors tend to be right more often then wrong but they can still be wrong, in any case a second diagnosis is always good, especially if it will give you piece of mind.
  3. emoprincess

emoprincess Well-Known Member

Thank you Mordeci :)
  4. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

It's very possible. I was diagnosed first with BPD (Borderline Personality), then MDD, then Bipolar, and now Schizoaffective. So it's very possible to be misdiagnosed. I would definetly talk to your doctor if you're worried about it.
  5. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

I've got a horrible diagnosis-it will follow me everywhere I go. Unfortunately it is being used by the pshrinks and therapists to make money off my insurance and has nothing to do with who I really am! I am a cash cow in their eyes. Misdiagnosis-you bet!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.