miss my mom

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Ericdoffy, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Ericdoffy

Ericdoffy New Member

i miss My mom allmost been 6 years now since she passed away.
    i feel so bad when i think about the person i am and how she would think of me if she was here now.
    i know you dont know and i just signed up just having a really bad day.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i know the pain stays with us when we loose someone a close as a mother i lost my brother so i knowhow sad you are. Just know that she will always love you she will always remain with you hun in your memories you heart pm me anytime hun okay hugs

3. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I lost my mom 22 years ago, and there is still much pain. Still tears sometimes when I think how she would have loved and accepted my wife, when I think of the birthdays, anniversaries, holidays. Just the many times I could call on her for some encouragement. I don't know if the grief ever goes away, there's always going to be that "Mom" shaped space in our lives that nothing else can fill or take the place of.
    I'm sorry for your sadness, there are many of us here who understand.

4. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Hey brother - every man feels this - any man who IS a man will weep like a child when that happens. Time 'heals' - but sometimes your love is so strong that that it always leaves a scar. Thing is mate - we measure the love we have for others with grief. You know that - not that it makes it better but it makes more comprehensible.

My own mother is not well so I do my duty there. Am lucky to live very near and have time. Yes being unemployed sometimes - it helps.

Your mom sounds like she was real nice during here tenure here. As for what she would think of you now - you know its nothing but love.

Thing is with depression - we might try to summarise things and see ourselves not as 'the good son'. Well I reasons to think that also - lots of them - but as children we sometimes bring tears - as young men its common for harsh words to be thrown around.

But forgiveness is always there. Whatever bad times there may have been or what errors you may have made - its not important. What is important is that you share this and let other men know its OK to talk about this. Guys - we can be idiots sometimes - so hopefully you got a woman to talk to or family to maybe honour her memory.

For years I hated the depression and moods I had when younger. Epic moods sometimes. Never knew why. But I was never judged regardless - sometimes love is selfless - its not a rare thing as any mum will have that from the get go if all is well.

Just be careful out there not to let the darkness cause domestic grief. But children are children - learning what to do - your mom sounds like she left you a legacy of being a caring person. That matters a lot.

Regards.

5. bianca

bianca New Member

I lost my mother five years ago. September 8th, 2006. I miss her so much. Sometimes I blame her for why I am the way I am now. If she was here now things would be so different. I could be happy. I'm always here as someone you can talk to :)

6. Lost_Daughter

Lost_Daughter Well-Known Member

I am up late once again, missing my mom as well. She commited suicide last year very unexpectedly. It makes it a lot harder knowing her life ended by her own will, not sickness or accident. I know depression is a sickness but I can't believe she never once asked for help. But the fact is that even though I am angry, my love for her out weighs that and I miss her terribly. I know the pain will never go away completely, but I do hope that time will make it a little easier. My life has been on a downward spiral since she passed and I sure could use one of her hugs right now. A mothers love is unconditional and I'm sure your mother is watching over you and loves you just the same. I'm here if you ever need to talk:)