• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Miss them all.

Lonely85

Quite a few years ago I lost my cousin to suicide. I was very close with him and his sister. Recently been talking to her on messenger and talking about meeting up. Not in a good place and haven’t been ok for ages now. We both don’t cope with the loss very well to this day. There’s a lot that’s happened between us in the past and I’m scared that the talk of meeting and if that will actually be happening kinda worrying. I’ve also been in contact with foster carers family in the hope of becoming reconnected but something inside me is saying they want nothing to do with me as haven’t heard back from them. I just feel so alone.

that's horrible I'm so sorry *sadhug

if she's willing to meet up with you then she can't be feeling bitter about anything that's happened in the past between you two ♥ it's good you can talk to someone who understands the same pain as you about the grief of your cousin's death

might not be the case, I bet those kinds of things take time to chase up (the contact with foster family) so it might just be you need to wait longer to hear back ♥

Lonely85

Thanks @lost_in_a_fairytale

He was there to protect me when I was younger. When I needed him and when he needed me although was young when he killed himself I wasn’t there for him. I have one photo of him and guard it with my heart. Was always told when I went there not to bring him up in convo so I didn’t as much as I wanted to.

I’m hoping I hear from them soon. One I messaged was typing then stopped and never sent it. I’ve given over my phone number in messenger to one of them but nothing back. I don’t want them to think only getting in contact because I’m not ok as much as I hate saying I’m not doing ok. I genuinely miss them and think of them lots.

aw sounds like you had a lovely relationship with him ♥
you didn't have any bad intentions though not being there for him, that's what matters.
that's hard, if you feel you want to talk about someone and you can't

I'm sure if you're heartfelt with them they will appreciate it and see how much you miss them, even if they did think you were getting in contact because you aren't doing well they shouldn't think badly of you for that, it's ok to reach out for support, if they're nice people they would be ok with that :)
I hope you hear back soon

Daphna

Ninja of light
Quite a few years ago I lost my cousin to suicide. I was very close with him and his sister. Recently been talking to her on messenger and talking about meeting up. Not in a good place and haven’t been ok for ages now. We both don’t cope with the loss very well to this day. There’s a lot that’s happened between us in the past and I’m scared that the talk of meeting and if that will actually be happening kinda worrying. I’ve also been in contact with foster carers family in the hope of becoming reconnected but something inside me is saying they want nothing to do with me as haven’t heard back from them. I just feel so alone.
I’m sorry for your loss. Suicide has a life long impact on those left behind. This is one of the many reasons I’m glad that I never succeeded in my attempts. Grief never goes away some say, you just learn to live with it.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm sorry for your loss. I think ye meeting up could have its good points ye won't be ''alone'' anymore, ye have each other to lean on for support. I hope it goes well, try not worry about what happens after ye meet just focus on one thing at a time, i'm sure ye both have awesome memories of your cousin to share too to celebrate his life, talking about it to someone who literally went through the same loss can help I think, good luck and keep us updated and I hope it helps you feel less lonely *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00