Miss you Big Brother

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by HopeisReal, Aug 22, 2010.

1. HopeisReal

HopeisReal New Member

My brother committed suicide two and a half weeks ago. I am still in shock...it is still surreal. It doesn't seem real, I feel like I will see him soon, grab dinner or something. But that will never happen and he is gone forever. I won't ever hear his deep laugh or see his big smile. All I have are memories of him, a big teddy bear with a heart of gold and a rough exterior. God I miss him so damn much
  2. abcd

abcd Active Member

I don't have any advice, but just wanted you to know that someone is thinking of you (and your brother). I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the forum. there are others here that have gone through the same pain. I hope you can connect with them. I think one of them is IV2010, but I'm not sure.
    Take Care.
  3. william11373

william11373 Member

Dont worry hang in there, Time heals. First month or 2 is the worst.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i lost my bro seems like yesterday i know that pain I hope you can get support for your sadness some councilling to help you deal with your loss.
    It is so soon for yu and your pain will still be very deep. Just remember your brother love you very much but his illness his depression took him okay. I am sure he did not want to leave you but in his time of pain he was not thinking clearly that is what depression does takes all logic away. He would not want you sad he would want you to be happy and remember all good times you shared we all grieve differently and if the tears come let them okay. In time the pain does lessen some although you don't see it now it will and i hope you keep reaching out here for support okay I miss my bro so much i know it hurts but hold on to the happy memories okay he would want that for you.
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss......You would still be experiencing shock and disbelief ..it's so early in your grief..
    I lost my son to suicide and I understand your pain.....
    I found this forum very helpful and I hope you find some support here to..
    There is only one way to deal with the grief and that is through it...it's not easy but you can do it....it's 8 months since my son left and i never thought I would make it this far...take it day by day ..minute by minute..whatever it takes to get you through...

I recommend some grief counseling and if you are thinking of suicide yourself please go see your doctor ASAP...

Here if you need to talk...
    take care....
  6. Joey's sister

Joey's sister Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I just lost my brother 2 months ago. I am still in shock myself. Your brother sounds just like mine was...heart of gold, rough exterior...I feel your pain and I'm here to talk if you'd like. Give yourself time right now to feel what you need to feel...and be forgiving of yourself...I was in such a crazy emotional fog for the first month and was barely functioning. Love to you,