Missing Messages in Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Is this normal and is there anything I can do to fix it.

Most uncomfortable to try and moderate invisible messages.

Thanks guys.

Angie

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi. This isn't my forte but is it all the time or just recent? They've been doing that chat update since yesterday or day before, yanno?

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I liked reading that thread @Citizen Insane as I'm often missing messages in PM and never actually realize that messages haven't come through.... I only realized it recently when a comment didn't make sense and somehow more messages were there.
Oh well, if there's nothing I can do then there's nothing I can do :(

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@JmpMster @Tim. not sure who else to tag
I keep on missing messages in chat. I realized it when I'm refreshing (going to another forum board whilst on chat so it refreshes). I don't mean PM's, but public chat. I've cleared the cache thrice in as many days. I use Google as a browser.
Any ideas? I can't keep on refreshing whilst in chat, and I'm feeling bad for all the messages I missed and didn't reply to before I knew this was happening.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Refresh when you come back to chat. The issue is always an issue when multiple SF windows open for chat PMs. For actual chat rooms tbh I do not hear about that really ever, but if it is happening then there is nothing that can be done to change it unless they do another update- which was just done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00