Missing My Bro..

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Kiba, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Im posting this message because I so dearly miss my brother who passed away in April of 2005, but I want to first explain how my family life was with him and the family.

My brother was born on April 29th. I had just turned a year old. My brother was born with many diffrent medical conditions and took up a lot of my parents time. After he was born, we moved to a new place because he needed better doctors avaliable. He had a few diffrent conditions that caused him inability to walk, talk, or eat normally. For many years he became the center of my parents attention, and the attention of the whole family.

In my 8th grade of middle school, I would always go to his classroom and read to him or say things he thought were funny to get him to laugh. I would race him home from school almost every day as well. My life seemed to be taking a happy turn, and I started opening up my emotions that I had hid as a child to protect my other brothers.

Unfortunately in April of 2005 he developed a problem with his intestines and had to go into the hospital for surgery. At first I wasnt phased by it. He had been to to hospital so many times over his life, that I didnt think anything would happen to him. (Dont get me wrong, I did worry. Infact I went to see him the morning before he died.)

He had the surgery and everything seemed ok. Then the next morning I went with my mom to see him, skipping school. My mom knew somthing was up, but I really didnt think anything was wrong. My mom sent me to my Aunts house for a while. When I first got there I still didnt think there was a big problem, but after being there almost all day, I knew somthing was up.

My aunt dropped me back off at my house to be with my other two younger brothers. I put on a movie for the boys and anxiously waited for a call from my parents.

It seemed like it took forever for them to get home. We knew somthing happened though when we saw their faces. We then sat in our living room and talked about my brothers death. Eventually the bishop of the church we attended came by and we talked about my brother and his life and all the beleifs the church had about after death.

Later at school, they had an assembly about the hospital my brother had been at because we were raising money for them at the time that he had passed. They then had the school choir sing "All the pretty little horses," my brothers favorite song to listen to them sing. I couldnt help but cry.. The people arround me tried to comfort me, but I felt like I could just bottle it.

To this day, I still miss my brothers smile, his hugs, his humor...
    I miss him so much.. I will never forget him.. <3
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

what a sad story....
    I'm so sorry you lost your brother....:hug: