missing my nan

I'm missing my Nan so much. I knew she was going, but in the end it was so quick. It still feels unreal.
It was a month ago yesterday since she went. It feels like yesterday. I can remember every single detail.
I'm away from home right now, until Sunday. All I really want is to go to her grave and talk to her, sort out her flowers. That or go be with her.
I give up, I should stop talking, I know I should, yet if I do I'm going to burst.
Theres so much stuff going on in my head I cant deal with it. I need to let it out. There's one person I have been talking to, but it's not fair to put it all on one person either. I thought my friends and family would care enough to listen, but obviously not. My family have even forced me to go back to work, despite me telling them that I don't trust myself if I return to work right now.
Sorry, needed to whinge, maybe it is attention seeking, who knows. I don't anymore

I've been where you are, as you may or may not know my step-mum died last year in March, her birthday is around the corner. I can clearly remember the morning she died, and the day before etc as if it was yesterday. It is hard, and there's no set time for you to grieve. I used to cry pretty much every day, to this day I miss her a lot. It's only been a few weeks for you, it is still raw in your memory, you need to give yourself time. My step-mum's illness was awful, for a while after all I could remember was the final days of her life, and how awful it must have been for her, I don't know how your nans health was before she died, but remember her for the person she was and the good times you had. I'm sure there's many.

They can take away the body, but they cannot take away what is felt in the heart, and what is remembered in your mind. :hug:

Thank you Res :hug:
My Nan was suffering from lung cancer, so yeah, her last few days weren't so great.
Everything you have said sounds so familiar it almost made me cry. I'm sorry for your loss :hug:
She passed away on 14th June and her birthday is 21st July.....so yeah, it's nearly here. Not looking forward to it :(
Thank you agian for reminding me what i'm feeling is normal and ok :hug:

With an anniversary just around the corner, you may find yourself feeling a little more sad than you have been. This is a normal part of the grieving process. On the first birthday of my father after he died, my kids and I sat at the table and had his favorite sandwich for lunch. Believe me that was not easy. Not because of the date, but becasue of the sandwich. His favorite was peanutbutter, mayonnaise and dill pickle. :puke: Try choking that down. The kids and I joked about grandpa having the last laugh. He was a jokester so seemed appropriate. On my grandmothers birthday, I light a candle and sing happy birthday to her. I have done this now for 27 years. It gives me a moment to think about all the good times we had. I hope you can find something that helps you remember the times with your nan that were special to you. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. :hug:

Thank you Gentlelady, means a lot. We are all going to my Nan's grave on saturday and then going for a meal. None of us want to be alone :hug:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00