Missing the feeling.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by DeepEmz, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeepEmz

DeepEmz Well-Known Member

I need your opinion on something.

I almost feel like im missing cutting myself. I havent done it for a while as i only do it when i get very angry and out of control but ive suddenly had the urge to do it for no particular reason other then i miss how it feels.

Please help.. im confused.
  2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Maybe you just like the adrenalin rush of it?

Not so much with cutting but with burning sometimes i'll just do it because it feels good.
  3. tigers4343

tigers4343 Member

I have the same problem with cutting........ I miss it when I am not cutting- I miss the gratification that it gives me
  4. DeepEmz

I feel very agitated tonight, i dont feel settled and peaceful i feel like i need to let the agitation out.. i have good and bad nights and tonight its going to be a bad one :(
  5. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Tho I dont cut, I have other pain I delve into. Sorry your swimming in the dark lake tonight. You arent alone in it, hi.
  6. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

Having the urge to cut is tough to resist.
    I find the best way to avoid it is to distract yourself, get your mind focused on something else.
    For me it's video games and tv or a movie, going for a walk helps a bit too.
  7. DeepEmz

Hello, thanks for your reply.. and everybodys.

I didnt cut in the end although i did smoke many fags. they seemed to relax me.. although the feeling has not fully gone away.. :mad:
  8. dartofabaris

dartofabaris Well-Known Member

Hey, :hugtackles:
    i know its hard to find that elusive calm which seems to go missing when you need it the most, and no other 'better' coping mechanism seems to do the trick whether its a smoke (one or many) or a song..that person inside you doesnt deserve to endure it, make sure you are thinking well of yourself, perhaps one day the leech feeling will be replaced by a breezy one...then you can do the bunny hop :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.