Mitral valve prolapse?? D: Urgent?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TheLonelyAloePlant, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLonelyAloePlant

TheLonelyAloePlant Well-Known Member

I looked up symptoms that I've been having online and they are:
    Sudden Onset Of:
    Sudden dizziness and heart palpitations
    Panic

Other Symptoms
    Low tolerance of exercise
    Depression
    Fatigue

They're all symptoms of mitral valve prolapse.

Something that can kill you.

:cry:

2. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Those can all be symptoms of a lot of other things as well sweetie, including anaemia (low iron count), which I have.

Go to the doctors and get it checked out, hun. :hug:

3. TheLonelyAloePlant

TheLonelyAloePlant Well-Known Member

I've heard it can be accounted to panic disorder too, and I have that. I'll look at the symptoms of anaemia too. Thanks.

4. Onion

Onion Guest

Self diagnosis is always pretty dangerous and can give anyone something to panic about. If you have concerns, the best thing to do is go to your doctor and NOT look up anything because that can cause undue and anxiety (and depending on why you have those symptoms, it could make them all worse).

5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Indeed. On the web, you can self diagnose yourself with anything, basically. Best thing to do, as has been said - go to your doctor and get it checked out :) :hug:

6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I have a Mitral Valve prolapse and I wouldn't be surprised if it was contributing to my generalized anxiety disorder but I tend to believe it is only minimally if even at all. I don't believe it should concern you :smile:. It's supposed to be far more common in women but then so is hypothyroidism which I also have.

The only symptoms I know I have from it are daily occasional bouts of heart palpitations followed by feeling like I'm blacking out. I also have cadaverously low blood pressure, normally 90/50 or so, so that probably compounds the problem.

It will not kill you by the way, I'm forty one and I know a woman who is eighty five and has had it all her life. When she was a kid (when I was a kid) they lumped it under the "heart murmur" diagnosis. I hope this helps you! :smile:

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

The best thing to do if you are worried about your symptoms is go to a professional and have them check things out. So many symptoms can parallel each other. Refrain from making a self diagnosis, you may be on the entirely wrong track.. :hug:

8. ari

ari Staff Alumni

just wanted throw in that my daughter has MVP and she has a very active lifestyle, she takes meds and see's a cardioligist once a year now...so like gentlelady said dont try to jump to conclusions, get an appt with a dic and have them check it out. ari

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.