Mixed martial arts fans?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Ranxerox, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

Any mma fans here?

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I know Shogun is!

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I am an MMA fan in general but there is an air of "bloodlust" which is not appealing. Overall, I think the technical aspects of mixed martial arts and the various styles from so many countries are fascinating and makes it an interesting sport.

4. Ranxerox

Ja, thats true, especially the grappling. Jiu jitsu is such a technical martial art, it takes skill to pull off a good submission or reverse a position. Plus the KO's are awesome (flying knee anyone?)

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

RANX: Do you watch any of them live on "pay per view"? The one this weekend between Lyota Machida and Shogun Rua should be excellent...I believe Machida's expertise is "karate" and Rua is "Brazilian jiu jitsu"...should be interesting. Machida's never lost I think in about 20 matches...he's really amazing!

6. Ranxerox

We dont have pay per view in South Africa, and MMA has only recently started to gain popularity here so there arent any channels broadcasting it, so I either have to buy the DVD's (which cost the equivalent of $300) or watch downloaded copies on my PC. Ja Machida has a background in Shotokan karate, thats where he gets his stance and footwork from, but he uses muay thai and jiujitsu as well.

7. Southwind

Southwind New Member

I'm a hardcore MMA fan. And Shogun will beat Machida :tongue:

8. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I like mma, take kickboxing and jiu jitsu myself but haven't really been any proper contests... would be fun.

9. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of MMA,i like boxing more. However my favourite fighter is Fedor Emelianenko, he's definetely the best fighter alive.

10. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Yes I am. :D

Yes he did. :D

11. HiddenTears

HiddenTears Well-Known Member

Yes he is. He is fighting for free on tv here in the US on Nov. 7th I think it is. I would love to see him knock the shit out of Brock Lesnars babied ass too, but I don't think we are ever going to see that.

I personally think Rampage is great too. He may not be the best but he is fun to listen to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.