Mixtures - healthy or not?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by WhyMeWhy, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Obviously you have to know what meds will work together & what doesn't.
    But now my doc has me on diazepam(valium) & xanax simultaneously every day.... mixing in temazepam(restoril) once nightly for sleep. I don't see any problems.
    In the past I've been written lorazepam(ativan) w/ dyphenhydramine for anxiety/agitation.
    Then there was the ultimate mixture years ago of Thorazine & clonazepam simultaneously (Klonopin) 3X daily.... for severe agitation.
    Last, but not least, once upon a time I was given ambien simultaneously w/ trazadone only for sleep.

Right now doc is givin my bro 2mg lorazepam + 2 mg clonazepam 4X daily for anger spells.
    The doctors have never seen any problems with these mixtures that they give out. Aside from developing tolerance issues, do you see a problem with any of these med combos? Should the doctor(s) be bombarded w/ malpractice suits? :laugh:

The most addictive ones I've seen ppl take are Lortab + Soma for back pain.
    Then oxycontin + xanax bars for pain of some other sort(my mom's friend).
    Do (some) docs go too far?

2. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

What part of the world are you in; what country? Prescribing benzodiazepines for long periods is bad medicine, and guarantees a fierce addiction. U.S. doctors know this well.

ToHelp

3. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

USA but my doc & bros doc is not from US. He just came here to work, from wherever.

4. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Thanks WMW. Explains it somewhat, you know. Google "Heather Ashton" (with the quotations) and you'll learn a bunch. Not to worry you, ok? I'm on them long-term too. (Yeah I know--the GALL of me for that post! :laugh:) It's just that knowledge means SO much. Read, read, read. Learn about the meds you consumes.

Blessings,
    ToHelp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.