mj's eating disorder AND what the doctor said *cries*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagpuss18

Ok so I'm bulimic... Laxative abuser... :sad: :mad: :unsure:

Confided all in my GP yesterday as I felt it was the right thing to do, ok; but he says its not his problem and he cant help me until I'm drastically underweight or dying or something like this. But it is his problem though. right? I mean, its my health and he's the doctor, so...? :unsure:

Anyway, he is monitoring my weight, but he told me "oh-mi-gosh, you haven't lost any weight in two months...". Is this REALLY the thing to say to an ED patient - HELL NO!!!!! So my obvious reaction to this is to get completely crazy about having to lose weight DESPERATELY QUICKLY even if only to get some medical help for the ED.

Next, I dont understand bulimia... Why do we binge so, when we feel so fat? What is the reason for binge/purge, when it would be so much easier to starve? I guess it feels like you're hurting your body by bingeing... :unsure:

Next point, GP says my suicidality isnt his concern either and if I keep on attempting then its nobody's problem but mine... Well, yes kind of, but seeing as how my medication doesn't work (so I quit taking it which GP is perfectly happy about!!!!! :mad:) then maybe from the depression medication point of view it IS his problem. :sad: :mad:

Lastly, do doctors know how bloody HARD it is to be so open about ED and suicidal things with them? Do they know how virtually impossible it is to even admit within yourself that you have a problem and need help, leave alone ASK for it? :mad: :sad:

mj

x x x x

I know how u are feeling and I believe that it's like this.

When u are bulimic u have to find something to take down the angst and some people are cutting them self and some other are eating and then they throw it all up. U need to make your dr understand that this isn't something that will go away to the next meeting.

My doctors are telling me that the weight isn't the only thing that u can think about when u are treating a ed person. U have to look on what is making the person do what they are doing, after that u can check on the weight.

Im not sure what to say. You need to tell your dr that this isn't something that u can handle, you need help and that is fast.

You know that Im always here for u, on msn or here.

/M

butterflies32

D.I.T.T.O Spikey.

Sweetheart go back and say to your doctor ok so it is not your concern. You can't do anything about it but pass me on to someone who can. I need help with this and it is obvious that you aren't able to help me and fair enough you are not trainned in this but find me someone who is and can help me.

You are not alone and you should not have to deal with this by urself

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug

Sam
xx

SweetSurrender

i echo everything the others have said - new GP now!! Plus when you feel strong enough file a complaint against this one because his treatment of you is downright disgusting! You need help and weight is not the only thing to consider, bulimia throws off your electrolytes and can weaken you heart which can lead to a heartattack and death - it is serious! This condition needs to be taken SERIOUSLY! Find another dr and try again, don't let this condition rule your life hun. take care.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Iv been begging my doctor literally for months for anti emetics because i can barely eat. I have give up though, iv realised that i have to be deathly sick to get meds for it:rolleyes:

I can relate to how annoying GPs can be regarding getting treatment. I have been going on at my GP for the last 2 to 3 months to be referred to an eating disorders team for my bulimia, self harm and suicidal thoughts. He kept saying that he would ring someone to contact me but nothing happened. I kept having to go back to tell him every week but it has finally paid off and I have an appointment tomorrow morning.

You should ask to be referred to an eating disorders team and get the help you deserve :smile: You can't let him ignore your problems.

I hope you are feeling better atm, I'm always here if you want to talk.
x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00