Mobile App News

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
If you may have noticed , the mobile app donation tab has been removed.

This is GOOD NEWS!!!

We believe we have worked out the details and are in process of getting an app set up. If this works correctly as we believe it will then we have now raised enough money to field it for approx 18 months, and at that time we will have to begin paying for any needed updates/ maintenance fees (not hundreds or thousands of $).

It expect it will take 4-6 weeks to have all set up.

Thank you to the many many that have donated and to those that have donated in the last couple days that pushed us over the top of what was needed, plus some good fortune to find a reduced cost. There are some guarantees / warranties in the event it is not suitable to ensure we do not lose our money if it is not as it should be.

It is possible that I may need a few beta testers for ios and android in the next few weeks, at which time I will announce and swear them to secrecy until is complete :)

Thank you all for your support!!!

gypsylee

SF Supporter
If you may have noticed , the mobile app donation tab has been removed.

This is GOOD NEWS!!!

We believe we have worked out the details and are in process of getting an app set up. If this works correctly as we believe it will then we have now raised enough money to field it for approx 18 months, and at that time we will have to begin paying for any needed updates/ maintenance fees (not hundreds or thousands of $).

It expect it will take 4-6 weeks to have all set up.

Thank you to the many many that have donated and to those that have donated in the last couple days that pushed us over the top of what was needed, plus some good fortune to find a reduced cost. There are some guarantees / warranties in the event it is not suitable to ensure we do not lose our money if it is not as it should be.

It is possible that I may need a few beta testers for ios and android in the next few weeks, at which time I will announce and swear them to secrecy until is complete :)

Thank you all for your support!!!
Hey that's awesome news guys :D

gypsylee

SF Supporter
This is great news.
It is! Not only because I only use mobile devices these days, but because it will potentially revolutionise the site. My daughter is 17.. Her generation use technology differently to us who are a.. bit older :) That child can use an iPad or a phone at the speed of light. It’s seriously mind boggling.

Teen suicide is a thing. A girl from the year below my daughter took her life not long ago. That’s just one I know about.

So the app has sooo much potential. I happen to have a Marketing degree.. :cool:

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
It is! Not only because I only use mobile devices these days, but because it will potentially revolutionise the site. My daughter is 17.. Her generation use technology differently to us who are a.. bit older :) That child can use an iPad or a phone at the speed of light. It’s seriously mind boggling.

Teen suicide is a thing. A girl from the year below my daughter took her life not long ago. That’s just one I know about.

So the app has sooo much potential. I happen to have a Marketing degree.. :cool:
My phone is really old. I'm hoping the app will work for it. Every time I try to use the site on my phone I end up yelling obscenities (which is great while at the office). It is also great for the younger generation. That is so true.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
My phone is really old. I'm hoping the app will work for it. Every time I try to use the site on my phone I end up yelling obscenities (which is great while at the office). It is also great for the younger generation. That is so true.
Mine is too.. According to Apple :rolleyes: It’s an iPhone 5S, which I got in 2015 (for a large sum of money because I buy them outright). Well it’s pretty much obsolete?? My iPad is even older! It works great though as far as I’m concerned.

I’ve bought two cheap smartphones recently though, with Android on them (don’t ask why I need two but it has something to do with one being confiscated..) Those are the way to go. The supermarkets have specials all the time too, so *bargains*. I do love iOS but Apple is overpriced and evil.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
The most important piece of the app I believe will be push notifications (if you turn them on). If somebody replies to your threads, or is a reply in a watched thread or watched forum, someone tags you, you get private message etc, (basically anything you get an alert for now on sign in) you will get a real time notification so you will know when somebody replies and can engage in more direct communication without the hours and hours between replies. or if a friend is having rough day they can send forum pm and you know instantly and can reply (or get support for yourself without the time delays of "just when somebody signs in) and avoid watching post and refresh to see if people replied yet because will know when people do. It should make the forum far more interactive and more timely support.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00