Mobile chat issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

na-taya

Hi please I may not be good at explaining this but i will try my best.......sorry in advance

So when using chat on my phone not so much the chat rooms more so the individual chat (not sure what it's called?!?) It quiet often won't let me scroll to the end of the conversation, it normally happen when who ever i am talking with has written a long or more than one message to me, when I try to scroll up to read above it's jumps to middle of the conversation and no matter how much i scroll down, it always jumps back middle on conversation. I can fix the problem if i reload the chat however as soon as I scroll up again I have the same issues.

It can make it quiet frustrating at times especially if I'm in a intense conversation with someone. I am not as so much asking for a fix more so maybe does any one know why this may happen? Or am i really just that bad with technology.

Thank you

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
I am not sure what could cause that- if it lets you scroll at all then it is working- that it jumps back instantly suggests to me that the phone is re-centering it for some reason - cause the message is there and is your phone that it is nto scrolling to the bottom of the message > I am sure it has something to do with the size of the chat box not working well with your phone, but sadly less sure what would be done to fix it. Do you mind sharing what phone/device and what browser you are using on it and i will try to figure out a little more?

Vanquished

I have the same issue, and have for a long time. It does get quite frustrating. My device is an Android, and it happens on my old and newer phones.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
I have the same issue, and have for a long time. It does get quite frustrating. My device is an Android, and it happens on my old and newer phones.
Thanks for adding to this @betteroffunknown , can I ask what browser you are using on your phone? That is the most likely issue if it is doing it on multiple devices (and is something we can address if our system is not compatible with some browsers...).

Vanquished

Thanks for adding to this @betteroffunknown , can I ask what browser you are using on your phone? That is the most likely issue if it is doing it on multiple devices (and is something we can address if our system is not compatible with some browsers...).
I'm not sure how to figure out which browser they use. Any suggestions so I can figure it out? I'm technologically challenged.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
The only time I see it jump when scrolling up or down is when the person is typing/sending another message. If I am behind trying to catch up and they are sending still it is is hard to make it stay where want because each time they hit send/enter it moves it but if they stop or I tell them wait a second for me to catch up it stops jumping.

Is it possible thta is the situation?

Vanquished

The only time I see it jump when scrolling up or down is when the person is typing/sending another message. If I am behind trying to catch up and they are sending still it is is hard to make it stay where want because each time they hit send/enter it moves it but if they stop or I tell them wait a second for me to catch up it stops jumping.

That's not the situation in my case. The other person doesn't even have to be on for it to happen here.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I have had a look as well and I can't duplicate the problem - I am sorry. I have no idea why this is happening to you.

na-taya

Thank you all so much, i also use an android phone with Google I donno if thats the browser tho i am so not good at this stuff lol my phone is Samsung but not a flash one just I am not sure of the name of my phone.

@betteroffunknown it is somewhat frustrating when no matter how much you refresh it happen again!

I am I'm no way complaining about the work you guys do here at all, i just wondered if any one had the same. Thank you so much for getting back to me. I appreciate it and while it's frustrating I have suffered much worse.

Thank you :)

na-taya

This is not the case for me either it can happen at anytime during the conversation online or offline I am yet to have it happen in the main chat but to be honest i do not spend as much time as i use to in main chat.
Sorry for my multiple replys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00