mobile phone question.....

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unregisteredyyyyyy, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. can someone find out your address,name, etc...just by having your mobile number/

2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Technically, I believe so - if your phone is registered to you, then the telephone companies, at the request of the emergency services, can see who has registered it, with their address and whatnot.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

that was me that asked that lol...can only the emergency services do it?

4. Petal

sorry..i forgot to say thanks!

5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I'm almost 99% sure that it's only the emergency services that can do it - or at least, have a legitimate right to do that.

Why d'ya wanna know, Lynn? :) :hug:

6. Petal

Thanks Joe :)

2 months ago when I got arrested, the police confiscated my phone. It was a phone I borrowed from my sisters bf, the phone is registered in his name. That week i was a bit crazy and was texting someone looking for speed(i dont actually take drugs).Now they have that msg and are starting their investigation into the man that assaulted me...long story..lol...and i fear they will arrest my sis bf on suspicion of dealing drugs.:mad:

7. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hm .... well, er .. :laugh: I hope things work out for you on that one! :hug:

8. Petal

thanks!! :hug:

9. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Police and emergency services have access to that information, they can even track down your current location using your cell phone.

Regular people cannot.

10. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

your answer is exact. not knowing the last name of a forumer, i called the police and with the mobile number, they reached the person and prevented ........ so yes a phone or mobile number suffice to trace the owner

11. Petal

Thanks guys! Ye helped bunches :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.