Moderate depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jsnow, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsnow

jsnow Member

At least according to the Burns checklist... scored a 46. Well, I know it could be worse. And I'm not sure how accurate my answers were... I always have trouble with those scales. But I think moderate describes it well... I'm just worried that it's moderate now, but I bet if I'd taken if a couple months ago it would have been mild... and it's moving the wrong way.

So, well, that's why I'm here. Trying to get this thing turned around.

There's a ton of factors involved here, family problems, work problems, social issues, financial, medical... frankly, thinking about all that, I wonder if I fudged on the test a little! Or maybe it's just my cheery disposition keeping me moderate instead of severe for the moment.

I did have a sort of revelation this morning about the importance of forgiveness. (This was after seeing the movie Invictus recently, which was rather uplifting, I thought.) I've spent so much of my time hating others and myself, sometimes for actual wrongs, but often enough (or really, way too often), for semi- or fully-imagined wrongs... and I really felt a great weight lifting off when I said to myself I forgive my ex for this and I forgive myself for that, and so on and so forth... as I kept going, I realized I'd held some grudges 20 years and forgotten all about them until I'd brought them up doing this.

I do wonder how "real" my forgiveness was... I'm sure I'll need to repeat this or the forgiveness will be forgotten!
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

forgiveness does help one heal it allows you to finally release all that pain. It allows you to take the power back hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.