Modifying dreams

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Hae-Gi, Sep 26, 2008.

Are you able to modify your dreams?

1. Yes, it happens now and then and I'm aware of that I'm dreaming

25 vote(s)
  2. Yes, it happens now and then but I'm not aware of that I'm dreaming

0 vote(s)
  3. Yes, it's happened a couple or a few times and I'm aware of that I'm dreaming

18 vote(s)
  4. Yes, it's happened a couple or a few times but I'm not aware of that I'm dreaming

4 vote(s)
  5. Maybe... can't quite remember

4 vote(s)
  6. No

18 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

While dreaming, do you sometimes have the ability to modify the dream, if there is something you don't like in the dream, or know is incorrect? Also, when you have these dreams, are you aware that you are dreaming?

When this happens to me, I am aware that I am dreaming, in an odd sort of way that is hard to describe, fully, and when there is something I don't want to see happening in the dream, or that I know is incorrect, according to the real world, I just repeat the situation and replace the things I don't like with what I prefer more, and then the dream just continues, from there. Sometimes I also go back a bit in the dream and modify things, if the happenings don't fit with the continuation of the dream.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  2. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

It's called a lucid dream and they're not uncommon.

Lucky, I haven't had one in a while.
  3. ecorg911

ecorg911 Active Member

Wow, wasn't to sure about the term "lucid dream", but I have certianly had similar experiences. At one point in my life, very regulary.
  4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Ohh... okay. Hmm... I do wonder if it really is as common as the poll results, though.

I guess they are kind of cool but regular dreams are more exciting. They do offer some variation, though...
  5. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

i love having intense/lucid dreams. i have not had one in a long time though where i could modify what happened. used to happen more when i was preteen.
  6. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

wow i have NEVER had a dream like that..

I've nevr been aware that i'm dreaming all i know is i go to sleep and wake up the next morning, sometimes with the memory of a dream...but i never actually experience it..actually i did once but it was very short. And i've never been able to modify a dream either..this sounds really exciting, my dreams are so boring lol
  7. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

I'm always aware that I'm dreaming and I've only been able to modify my dreams a few times. But if I don't like the dream, sometimes I can just wake myself up. :dunno:
  8. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I thought lucid dreams were more about being aware that you are dreaming than being able to change the dream...but eh. I dunno, I think I kinda prefer not knowing I'm in a dream. Then I don't feel myself waking up :unsure:
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Lucid dreams only require awareness. Modifying a lucid dream is a step further, and a step rarer.

I'm trying to have a lucid dream, and I'm trying to modify dreams. My usual techniques - instructing myself - isn't working for modifying, but I'm getting closer to a lucid one.
  10. requiem46

requiem46 Active Member

I concur. I may tell myself this is a dream and stuff keeps happening like I hadn't noticed it, or I may somehow be able after that to start changing stuff. But usually if I manage to get "the power" to modify things in the dream, it's only for a short while.

Funny thing is, the only things I can modify are meeting an specific person (like, I think "Girl, reveal yourself!" and she appears around the next corner talking to someone else) and using telekinesis (which I often use to drop stuff on top of someone's head. Don't ask why, I don't know it myself :laugh:)
  11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, once I did have a lucid dream, and I could control my actions in it.

As soon as I acquired consciousness, I noted that I was in a different room than where I went to bed and therefore I must have been dreaming! Excited, I tried to move across the room but sleep paralysis had not occured yet. So, I kicked in real life and woke myself up.
  12. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

When I dream at times I sometimes dream about somethings that I will not have.

Some girls I was interested. (Not all sex) Just us dating, holding hands, small stuff like that.

Living a cool life.
  13. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've been trying my best to dream about sex. I completely fail at that. The closest I got was a date which involved holding hands at one point... It also involved robots.
  14. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I've been trying to have more of these erotic dreams too, but it's tricky. It's happened a few times, but you have to be really in the mood.
  15. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

I do that to help me cope with "The life I had" VS "The life I wanted."

or what could of, would have or should of.
  16. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

i have lucid dreams very occasionally, and can usually control what happens to an extent. I love them and hate waking up from them. They feel like they are inbetween being asleep and awake
  17. Soda

Soda Account Closed

hahahaha! i NEVER would have thought that such a topic would be posted here. i thought i was special, but no its very common! haha....

yeah, i am almost always aware that im dreaming when i dream, that is, if i even watch a dream to start with. (i usually 'black out' and wake up without watching a dream)

in my dreams, i can always wake myself up at will, and when im not in deep sleep (i know how to tell when im in deep sleep or not) i either try to hang on and stay in my dream, or just let it go. it depends on what dream im watching.

also, something i HATE about dreams. YOU'RE ALWAYS MOVING IN SLOW MOTION!! while other stuff is moving around in normal speed...

well, maybe that just happens to me.

oh and if im watching a nightmare, i can still wake up, but when i wake up from a quite bad nightmare, i tend to wake up, paralysed, unable to move for a few seconds.
  18. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I used to be able to lucid dream. I can't do it anymore. The meds knock me out and I'm done for. Can't remember shit.
  19. Soda

Soda Account Closed

who actually works on trying to be able to control their dreams?

i do, and im still working on it. since i was like 5 or so, i knew how to fly in my dream. this sounds stupid and childish, but i put my arms up and push down hard and go up, like a bird lol.

im trying to do whatever i want in my dream. have complete control over my dream. always remember my dreams. have the ability to hold on to my dream for so much longer. hours possibly. f i achieve that, then i will always have something fun to do everyday.

in my dreams, i try to levitate, make things magically ahppen independent of my will, whether it be someone dies, a tree grows or even the entire place changes to suit my likes.

unfortuantely for me, sleeping pills dont make me drowsy, or improve my capabilities in a dream...
  20. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

Other times when I modify my dreams is to help me live out a fantasy. For one being anime character. (There are times when i see myself as a female super hero)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.