mods and admins should get it in there head that!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by dontwannabeme, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontwannabeme

dontwannabeme Well-Known Member

driving at 150km/p is not a method too kill yourself you son of a bitch.
    Yes im angry cause some rightous son of a *peep* admin kicked me and then banned me from chat for it not even pming me too ask why im so mad.
    Thats why the site went offline i thought ill redo the favor back too him !

regards

2. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

shit happens. ps i love speeding... well i did :)

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

There's no need to insult anyone. Mods and admins are only trying to do their best to keep everyone safe and for people not to be triggered.

4. justMe7

I think main chat should be called bubble wrap room just so people have fair warning lol luv yah really though :p

5. Petal

On a site where people are suicidal you have to be extra careful and cautious of what might trigger them. I've seen people from this site have a fit on the forums , get triggered,then go offline and commit suicide, they're obits posted the next few days. We never want that to happen again and we do our best to prevent it. We do all we can and try to be as fair as possible, calling us names such as bitches is uncalled for.

6. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Okay so if you're trying to keep people safe why don't some of you (not you specifically, but some others) understand that banning people makes them feel like you're trying to silence them and can also make them feel bad enough to hurt themselves?

7. justMe7

:smile: yes we know why you do it. There's no point in trying to argue a point, idont really care anymore about the route censorship has gone here. I was making it light hearted. Youcan see his point though. Being shut down, especially without an explanation, can do the same damage in the long run. Just saying. Idk if you tried to tell him to stop and explain why. He seems pretty pissed though lol

^^ it's a circular argument. It's untrained people trying to enforce a general level of communication across the board with people who are emotionally intense. They'd rather shut down then deal with the finer points of communication. And Fair play to them. :) who cares right. Leave it for the forum and light hearted chat for chat, as they want tit.

8. Petal

I can only speak for myself, but I only give infractions or ban people when absolutely necessary. It's hard being a mod, you have to learn where to draw the line, and banning people is unfortunately one of the things we have to do if someone is discussing methods, insulting others,encouraging suicide or self harm or ignoring staff requests.

9. dontwannabeme

dontwannabeme Well-Known Member

i talked too wild cherry i agree i shouldnt have attacked the site in any form or cause problems as most members know i never cause these kind of problems on this site and ive been here a while it was sort of a build up of personal issues that caused it and here by i apologize for that.

the only tip i would like too say for admins mods or any sorts of controlling ect.
    is that you go in a private message with the person so that in any way if it gets out of hand you make sure people in the chat are not bothered by it and you can actually ask why the person is so angry at that time hereby i would like too close this topic as its done in my eyes :)

10. Petal

Thread closed at the request of the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.